Goodfood (TSX:FOOD) is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions that make it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week. Goodfood’s mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling members to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in minutes. Goodfood members get access to a unique selection of products online as well as exclusive pricing made possible by its world-class direct-to-consumer fulfillment ecosystem. Goodfood currently has more than 300,000 active subscribers and over 3,700 dedicated and passionate employees across Canada.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of both the facility and our production lines as well as lead and grow our internal maintenance team. We are looking for a hands-on, organized individual with a strong technical ability.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing business and support the scaling of our operations in Delta, British Columbia.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Developing and executing a preventive maintenance program based on Goodfood and industry best practices;
- Overseeing facility maintenance and upkeep (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, snow removal, etc.);
- Planning and overseeing all repair and installation activities of new machinery and facility equipment;
- Managing and developing key relationships with contractors and service providers (sourcing new and spare machinery parts);
- Identifying critical parts and part lifecycle to ensure adequate inventory levels;
- Managing a team of millwrights and apprentices on a 24/7 production schedule;
- Tracking and managing the budget for departmental equipment such as tools, supplies, and facility services;
- Measuring and owning time to response for machinery in the plant;
- Keeping maintenance logs and report on daily activities done by the maintenance team;
- Ensuring health and safety policies are complied with by your team;
- Implementing and sustaining 5S in workshop and automation zones;
- Championing a proactive culture that optimizes cost effective maintenance & reliability for the factory;
- Being available for emergency call-ins (flexibility for working on a variety of shifts) and acting as the main point of contact for third party contractors.
- Millwright certificate and 5 years experience as a maintenance supervisor or manager at the plant level, preferably in the food industry;
- Solid understanding of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems (HMI, PLC, Relays, AC/DC motors, cylinders, etc.) and ability to effectively troubleshoot;
- Working knowledge of packaging machines (multi-head scales, vertical sealing machines, bottling lines);
- Experience building or improving preventative maintenance programs and running them effectively;
- Ability to effectively manage vendors, OEMs and third party suppliers;
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft or Google Suites) and ability to use an ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics);
- Experience in a lean production environment (5S or 6Sigma);
- Project management and Capex experience would be an asset.
Our team strives to give our members a world class customer experience. We believe in being ambassadors of the brand to make the impossible come true from the farm to table!
What We Offer
- Competitive Group Insurance;
- Personal No Questions asked days;
- Annual Bonus Program;
- Employee Stock Option Program;
- Group Retirement Savings Program;
- Quarterly Goodfood Credit;
- Annual Fitness Credit;
If you are looking to create an impact and be a key player in our expansion in Western Canada, join us as our newest Maintenance Manager! Apply now. We look forward to getting the discussion started.