Goodfood (TSX:FOOD) is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions that make it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week. Goodfood’s mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling members to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in minutes. Goodfood members get access to a unique selection of products online as well as exclusive pricing made possible by its world-class direct-to-consumer fulfillment eco-system. Goodfood currently has more than 280,000 active subscribers and over 3000 dedicated and passionate employees across Canada.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious candidate in a dynamic supply chain role as a Dispatch and Planning Specialist at Goodfood on the National Courier Operations Central Command Team. Dispatch and Planning Specialists play an integral role in the central planning and coordination of hundreds of delivery routes across Canada to ensure a 5-star grocery delivery experience to all Goodfood members. As a Specialist you will act as a resourceful and confident team player who can think out of the box in an ambiguous problem space, and is willing to roll up their sleeves to help support a rapidly growing business unit that is having a significant impact on Goodfood’s last mile delivery capabilities.
- PM Shift (12pm to 8pm) - 40 hours/week: Monday - Friday
- FLEX Shift (AM&PM shifts) - 40 hours/week: Thursday - Monday
- Planning vehicle workloads, pickup schedules, and transfers required in every delivery market based on order demand
- Routing subscription-based and same-day orders to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective is made to every Member on time across Canada
- Coordinating the on-time loading and departure of hundreds of delivery vehicles per day across Canada as the primary contact for local operation’s teams
- Monitoring and resolving all on-the-road delivery exceptions by conducting reassignments as necessary
- Identifying and eliminating root causes of route inefficiencies, capacity constraints, and route cancellations.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for Goodfood's on-the-road courier operations network and the geographical distribution of every order
- Ensuring the integrity of data in our delivery systems of record so that cost and quality outcomes can be accurately measured
- Supporting continuous improvement of daily operations with your direct team and providing constructive feedback to local operations team on a regular basis.
- Strong academic record from a top-tier university/college, or prior success in a demanding business environment as an experienced professional
- Experience with ecommerce final-mile distribution and geographical knowledge of major Canadian urban markets
- Comfortable working a non-standard schedule to best align with critical business operations
Skills & Capabilities
- Service and results oriented — You are proficient at identifying / solving or escalating logistics challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results while functioning as part of a team
- A natural communicator – You can explain information and processes that drive desired outcomes to a variety of audiences written and verbally
- Detail oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
- Comfortable in Excel (or any other tool) – You have a proven ability process data in spreadsheets (VLookups & Pivot Tables at a minimum) and existing tools, and you are comfortable learning new technologies
- Ability to prioritize effectively, multitask and easily manage stress
Nice to haves
- Experience with Python, SQL, APIs, Looker, GIS and other tools are a significant asset
- A passion for e-commerce, logistics, supply chain, and technology
- French and/or South Asian language skills are considered an asset
- Customer obsessed – willing to do whatever it takes to ensure an excellent Member experience
- Grit – have an entrepreneurial and resourceful get-it-done attitude: we are in start-up mode!
- Commercial mindset -- understanding of what to do to be profitable, be successful, and serve Goodfood members
- A passion for food, e-commerce, logistics, supply chain, and technology
- E-commerce/Startup and fun work environment
- Ability to directly impact company results
- Lots of opportunities for growth
What We Have To Offer Our Employees
- Competitive Group Insurance
- Personal No Questions asked days
- Annual bonus program
- Annual fitness credit
- Employee stock option program
- Employee STM program & more