Grand River Foods is a leading food solutions company serving customers in the North American grocery and food service industry. As a new member of the Sunrise Farm family, we remain as dedicated as ever to both providing a quality work environment for our employees, as well as producing only the highest quality products for our customers.
- Supervise all aspects of production, ensuring appropriate Health and Safety controls and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Manage efficiencies, monitor quality and minimize production costs
- Troubleshoot problems and pro-actively prevent or minimize issues
- Provide timely coaching, feedback and support to team leaders and production workers in a constructive and respectful manner
- Train, coach, develop and evaluate performance of production staff
- Liaise extensively on the production floor in order to build commitment and foster open communication between all parties
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the food industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage change and to react quickly to rapid turn-around requirements
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic; a team player and team builder
- Desire for continuous improvement individually and for the overall business
- Proficient computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications a must
- 3-5 years experience in a leadership role
- Reasonable mechanical aptitude
We are a progressive company offering competitive wages and benefits. If you are a qualified professional with a solid work ethic and positive attitude please apply today.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.