Required to work in a sawmill and equipment manufacturing shop to assemble, install and test hydraulic systems and mechanical components.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Assemble and wire electric panels using electrical schematic
- Wire solenoids, trailer lights, trailer brakes
- Wire engines with necessary electronics such as battery, kill switch, remote start
- Crimp and install hydraulic hoses according to specification
- Install various hydraulic components such as motors, pumps, solenoids, relief valves, etc.
- Adjust different pressures according to specification
- Troubleshoot hydraulic system on older machines
- Calculate pressures needed for specific cylinders to output a certain amount of force
- Install pneumatic components, such as: cylinders, solenoids etc.
General Mechanical assembly
- Install gas or diesel engines on machines; install fuel system (filter, fuel lines, fuel tank), bleed system
- Install hydraulic pumps on diesel engines
- Install sheaves on various machines (torqued to spec), align sheaves with straight edge
- Install and align sprockets, bearings, shafts, gearboxes, etc.
- Troubleshoot mechanical systems, change bearings, gearboxes, realign certain parts when necessary, etc.
- Trade certificate and/or experience working with hydraulic systems and basic electronics
- Very good mechanical aptitudes
- Ability to troubleshoot using logical thinking skills
- Experience in material handling (forklift, floor crane, hydraulic jacks, etc)
Friendly, casual work environment - 42.5 hours/week Monday-Friday, two weeks vacation and two paid sick days per year.