The Plant Operations Manager oversees the manufacture and distribution of oval and round wooden picture frames, framed mirrors, specialty glass and related products. InLine Ovals is a growing family-owned company in Magrath established in 1986 and is a world leader in the production and distribution of oval and round picture frames. To learn more about our company visit our web site at inlineovals.com.
What does the Plant Operations Manager do?
- Develop and lead a team of 40+ in wood manufacturing, high end finishing, shipping, and logistics.
- Hire, train, and provide direct leadership and support to department managers.
- Oversee maintenance, cleanliness, safety, repairs and upgrades for buildings, equipment, and vehicles.
- Develop and maintain procedures and standards to ensure efficient and safe operations.
- Develop new products, improved manufacturing processes and methods
- Oversee Vendor relations, Purchasing and Inventory management - including sourcing new suppliers, negotiating contracts, discounts, freight allowances and partnerships.
- Participate in strategic planning, and new product development for picture framing/design industry.
- Develop and carry out plans to facilitate excellent teamwork throughout the company.
- Familiarity with carpentry, wood finishing, CNC manufacturing or related skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to reprioritize based on business demands and needs.
- General computer skills including ability with Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Service oriented leadership style and customer first attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proven leadership ability in a team environment.
- Forklift license not required but would be an asset.
Education & Experience
- Degree or certificate in business, manufacturing, carpentry, or related field.
- Proven leadership experience