In addition to Reliance's competitive base wage for this position, we are proud to offer 5% commission for all chargeable plumbing work!
Primary Mission: You will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with Reliance customers as you professionally provide residential plumbing diagnostic, repair, and installation services.
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each and every call.
- On-site problem diagnosis, accurately estimate repair costs, fixed right the first time and continual value-added communication with the home owner
- Install, maintain and repair all types of piping systems, fixtures and other equipment used to distribute, supply or dispose of water or wastewater; including fixtures systems and appliances in residential buildings
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Set priorities and work assignments to meet established deadlines
- Perform diagnostics, repair, maintain, service and install equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications
- HVAC installation, maintenance and repairs for residential customers in accordance with manufacturer specifications and local codes.
- Hot Water Heater installation, maintenance, service & repair for residential and commercial customers
- General and other inspections of all types of appliances for residential users.
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Perform general and specific equipment inspections
- Correctly instruct customers on proper care and maintenance
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all modern equipment and regulations
- Explain the value of Reliance products, services, and programs on every call
Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Red Seal Plumber with a Gas Technician B license
- Hold a Class 5 Driver’s License
- Demonstrate a strong verbal or written communication skillset
- Successfully completed Grade 12
- Must be available to work day, evening, and weekend shifts
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position
- Experience in Refrigeration, HVAC, Electricity, and Mechanics an asset