We Bring Food to Your Family’s Table!
Make “Another Cool Move” – Join our Family at Erb Transport!
A full-time Dock Foreman position is available at our Mississauga location.
Shift Details: Monday – Friday; 2:30 p.m. -11:30 p.m.
- To understand Erb Transport's operational procedures specifically the dock, yard, and dispatch operations as it relates to the Toronto dock.
- To understand the functions of the dock and the various duties of dock personnel. i.e., sorting, unloading, loading responsibilities. As well as loading or receiving any outside carriers during shift.
- Responsible to prioritize incoming and outgoing freight. Work with dispatch regarding loads, drivers, volume of freight and progress of dock and loading.
- Ensure proper handling of product to avoid injury to employee, damages, freezing, and thawing of product. Communicate with operations manager or terminal manager regarding operation issues.
- Follow up with staff regarding loading concerns and O.S.& D. issues.
- Must be aware of company Safety and Health policies at all times. Ensure all staff adhere to safety policies. In conjunction with Operations Manager (Dock Supervisor) conduct ongoing Health and Safety meetings.
- To assist and carry out any required training of staff or new hires.
- Monitor use of dock equipment i.e., repairs, inspections etc., product in freezer area, pallet sorting and outside carrier activity. Relay to management for follow up.
- Supervise employee working time i.e., punching out and staying after hours. Communicate employee issues with Management and follow up when required.
- Working with the Operations Manager, plan employee shifts and the work schedule.
- Work in co-operation with Operations Manager at all times. Communicate with supervisor regarding operational/shipping problems and personnel issues. Communicate any progressive discipline procedures to Manager.
- All other duties as required.
- Positive attitude with proven people skills. Ability to be fair but firm with staff on shift.
- Honest, and trustworthy with excellent listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written. Ability to provide praise and give constructive criticism to staff.
- Strong desire for continuous positive change.
- Quality decision making skills, ability to use good judgment and remain calm in demanding times.
- Time management skills to co-ordinate on Erb Limited dock.
- Understand routing, O.S. & D, and dock and yard procedures as well as Erb paper flow.
- Reach truck’ and ‘fork-lift’ certificates are required.
- Ability to cover other shifts in the dock.
Erb Limited is committed to the principle of equity in employment.