The Operations Supervisor is responsible for handling day to day work activities on the plant floor, ensuring the daily packaging schedule in a complex work environment is attained. Monitoring the performance and productivity of the department while adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). This is achieved by leading, motivating and developing the employees to improve employee morale and engagement throughout all areas of responsibility.
These responsibilities also include taking into consideration the company’s commitment to our seven Core Values such as Sustainability (people, the planet, and profit) in the planning and implementation of all actions related to the area of responsibility.
- Supervise, direct, prioritize and coordinate all activities related to the Manufacturing department, to maintain quality and maximize productivity while minimizing cost
- Support the team’s success by ensuring the staff are properly trained, motivated and performing to the required standard, and provide recognition and feedback as required
- Maintain a high level of integrity to ensure all staff are being treated on a fair and consistent basis
- Take the initiative to implement process changes providing a positive environment to ensure continuous improvement is embraced by all staff
- Ensure quality product is being packaged at the standard rate while minimizing down time
- Coordinate with other Supervisors and supporting departments to ensure continuous operations
- Effectively identify and resolve barriers that are preventing the team from achieving their targets in a safe environment
- Support management team on achieving annual goals and targets
- Radiate passion for the work being done by being a role model in all areas for the employees
- Complete performance management, scheduling, payroll, and accident investigations as required
- Follow and adhere to all given instructions including work procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Strictly adhere to and observe all safety policies as outlined in the company policies and training sessions
- Support recruitment activities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior supervisory experience leading a successful team
- Operations Management, Business, Engineering, Supply Chain experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in identifying the opportunity for continuous improvement projects, and take the initiative to lead them to completion
- Good knowledge of GMP and quality systems is an asset
- Completion of Supervisory and Lean Six Sigma training program or courses is an asset. Willingness and ability to complete intermediate training is required.
- Intermediate computer skills required for Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate skills for Excel for data analysis including pivot tables, formulas, and graphs
- Ability to learn quickly and willing to be hands-on
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and effective team building skills
- Able to multi task and prioritize
- Able to effectively manage conflict and maintain strong employee relations
- Mechanical aptitude preferred