Assemble fabricated parts at workstations per standardized work instructions. Tests and calibrates parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications. Uses hand tools and power tools to assemble units according to product specifications. Identifies units that fail tests or tolerance levels and repairs as necessary. Act as a focal point for the shop to the warranty service area. Build, service, troubleshoot, and test pumps and or pump system components along with analyzing test results and service evaluations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Positions parts according to knowledge of unit assembly; follow blueprints and work instructions. Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners. Operate air tools, arbor presses, hand tools, and special machines to assist in assembly operation. Assembles specified bolts to specific torque values.
- Assembles nameplates and other labels as required on B.O.M.
- Performs specified electrical performance tests on subassemblies and assembled product.
- Performs pump flow tests using water tank and test panels. Verify pump performance against engineered standards. Reads performance charts and graphs. Records data as required.
- Build, service, troubleshoot, and test pumps and /or pump system components in-house and infield as required.
- Tear down, analyzes and rebuilds pumps for service.
- Remove, install, diagnose, repair, disassemble, assemble and perform failure analyses.
- Interpret customer problems and apply returns goods authorization process, warranty sales order process, remote repair service support, or material status check process in support of customer requirements.
- Request and receive information, which allows a firm conclusion to warranty claims and credit issue with good documentation.
- Issue reports and data for customer and management as needed.
- Initiate corrective actions upon the request of the customer
- Act as a liaison between the service areas , warranty department and management.
- Prepare and enter warranty orders into the RGA system and expedite if necessary, issue return numbers when required.
- Receive incoming calls from customers and respond to the customer needs.
- Ensure compliance to customer specifications and company requirements.
- Initiate process improvements when necessary, and participate in Kaizen events when applicable.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment in line with company policies.
- Occasionally may participate in special duties such as field service activities and/or customer training.
- The ability to work overtime as needed
- Up to 15% travel may be required
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- One to three years of manufacturing related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have good mechanical and electrical aptitude and a grasp on fundamental troubleshooting skills with a familiarity of pumps and pump systems.
- Must be able to analyze data and have basic writing skills and computer skills along with a good understanding and use of computer based software programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Knowledge of advanced electrical wiring and ability to read schematics.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strategic thinking skills with the ability to engage with clients with customer-focused mentality.
- Ability to travel – up to 10% of the time, with possible increase up to 20% in time
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Lifting equipment and parts (30-40 pounds), shop environment.
o Standing at workbench while performing repairs and assembly functions.
o Operating overhead, jib and HIAB cranes.
o Operation of lift truck
- Ability to read technical drawings and to be able to work accurately within tolerances
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical control panels and components.
- Shop environment where appropriate PPE use is required.
- Shop work on equipment used in the water and wastewater industry.
- Site work on equipment used in the water and wastewater industry.
- Outdoor work on equipment used in the water and wastewater industry.