Mainstream Metals is a Steel Service Centre that serves a variety of metal and industrial markets. Mainstream operates from a 100,000 square foot plant in Burlington, Ontario. Mainstream offers a full line of products to customers that vary in size from large manufacturers to specialized product designers. At Mainstream Metals each customer is treated with the same attention and commitment to superior service, dependability and quality products. Our Service Center includes vast product inventory and processing capabilities. Mainstream Metals is driven by progressive thinking, high-quality, and safe standards.
American Iron & Metal has an opening at its Mainstream Metals division in Burlington, Ontario.
We are a growth-oriented metal distribution and processing company in the Burlington, Ontario area, looking for a career-minded Plasma Machine Operator. Must enjoy a fast-paced environment AND take pride in your work. Willing to train the right candidate for this position.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Loading and unloading material from table with overhead crane.
- Cut, trim, or scarf metal objects with arc-cutting equipment to dimensions, contour, or bevel specified by blueprints, work order, or layout.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Other duties may apply.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with CNC - HI DEF Plasma / Oxy-Fuel Burning equipment.
- Crane operation and material handling experience required.
- Experience with carbon steel fabricating preferred.
- Must be able to read basic drawings.
- Must have an understanding of materials and tooling requirements.
- Must have a production or manufacturing background.
- Must be focused on providing a quality product.
- Familiarity with machine setups is considered a definite asset.
- Ability to operate with pre-written programs and on-console programming/editing is a definite asset.
- Comprehensive math skills required.
- Full time hours with potential overtime, paid after 44 hours
- Monday - Friday with some overtime available on Saturdays (based on company needs)
- Afternoon shift ; 2:00pm - 11:00pm (potential for slight shift change based on volume of work)
- Pension and benefits offered
- Potential bonuses offered (based on work performance)
- Public transportation is available at this location
Come and join one of North America’s most sophisticated metal recyclers !