Are you passionate about the Transportation Industry? Are you a natural leader and hold a 310T/J license?
Do you want to join a growing team? Are you looking for a (no need to say permanent again) stable job in an environment where you are treated like family?
We are currently looking for a Licensed 310T/J Mechanic to join our Garage team in Brampton.
- Manage parts department, purchases, distribution of materials and inventory
- Managing internal and external work.
- Planning of the work of repair and maintenance according to the availability of the units.
- Each day, plan schedules according to the work to be performed.
- Supervise the mechanics and the clerks on a shift and complete follow-ups to the branch in Brampton (advice and technical assistance).
- Manage the preventive discussions respecting standards of the transport industry
- Government standards.
- Complete Follow-ups with security department
- Send repair estimates, photos and advise to security department
- Check work orders; working hours of employees, parts used, repairs and report defects of Montreal and Brampton. Summary audit of external work orders on a weekly
- Perform mechanical tasks during
- Plan the garage staff schedules.
- Keep track of the request from the Director of the fleet.
- Meet the employees at discipline or assessments.
- Attend interviews when there is a vacancy for the garage.
- Provide expertise on repairs.
- Do the follow-through reparations for security purposes.
- See the training of employees.
- The management of health and safety at the level of the workshops. Prevention and awareness of the garage. Participate in the Committee of health and safety.
- Prepare meetings with engineers.
- Follow up of the facilities of the plates, registration papers for registration and the documents required upon delivery for Dicomtrucks. See to the repair of the Dicom vehicles which are out of service for service.
2:30pm to 11:00pm
Salary: Based on experience, plus shift premium
What’s in it for you?
GLS Canada offers a wide range of benefits for our employees:
- Competitive salaries;
- Hiring bonus of $1000;
- Supplied company uniforms, upon hiring;
- Insurance plan according to your needs, upon hiring;
- RRSP plan;
- Annual salary review;
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program;
- Corporate discounts;
- Reference bonus
- $250.00 Tool Allowance per year
- $250.00 Safety Boot Allowance per year
- Opportunity for advancement
Do not wait to send us your resume and become part of a winning team!