Jan 08, 2021
Toronto, ON, Canada
What needs to be done?
- Provide technical support during repair and/or installation, at customers’ sites, of Howden’s equipment to ensure standards are met and the integrity of the equipment is maintained.
- Ensure safe work practices are followed, reporting all safety incidents and near misses on a timely basis and maintaining the goal of “zero” lost time incidents.
- Work to improve Howden responsiveness to customers by being available to make sales calls, perform technical walkdowns, and provide solutions to customers that distinguish Howden’s proposals and capabilities.
- Complete required reports, including Service Reports, Customer Call Reports, Expense Reports and Time Sheets, on a timely basis in order to provide appropriate follow-up to customers including accurate invoicing for services.
- Maintain close working relationships with customers in order to understand the competitive marketplace and suggest plans / programs to leverage that knowledge to offer not only additional or improved services, but also additional products for the benefit of customers and Howden.
- Support in-house manufacturing, when needed, by being available to supplement existing personnel to meet customer needs during peak periods.
What do you need to bring?
- 3 years of relevant technical background including millwright, maintenance, engineering, and/or field service experience.
- A solid understanding of the product/service offerings and customer base.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with customers, employees and Sales Reps.
- High moral and ethical standards; integrity is continuously apparent.
- Strong interpersonal skills – active listener, clear and concise communicator (both oral and written); proven collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable and effective working in the “virtual world”
- Experience with servicing highly engineered equipment and products.
- Proficiency using vibration analysis and laser alignment equipment for balancing, testing, etc.
What will you get in return?
We offer the right candidate, a great opportunity to develop professionally and personally in an international company, who is focused on delivering environmentally friendly products to the world. It's an opportunity to work for a global engineering organization in a challenging and dynamic role with great development opportunities. Furthermore, you will be a part of dedicated group of colleagues who value teamwork and collaboration.
Worldwide business – Liaise with our colleagues in 27 countries.
We offer global and local opportunities– 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments – You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with our digital solutions. At Howden we have a strong corporate identity and purpose – You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet. Our products and organization are Revolving Around You – Our culture promotes individual development to enhance our most important asset – our people.