Jan 07, 2021
American Iron & Metal (AIM)
Hamilton, ON, Canada
American Iron & Metal, a Hamilton based Metal Recycling Yard has an immediate opening for a Licensed 421A Mechanic. We are looking for an enthusiastic, career driven individual with a positive attitude to join our team!
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Performing all aspects of trouble shooting, repairs and maintenance needed for our customers’ diverse fleets, covering all tasks incl. routine maintenance, large scale overhauls and trouble shooting.
- Participating actively in a timely manner in all related tasks such as completing service reports, reporting on additional repairs required, customer service and follow-up, etc.
- Ensuring that workplace health and safety standards are always met
- It is critical that you have a solid, proven technical skill set along with pride in good workmanship; that you can trouble shoot and work safety both independently and as an team member in an often fast paced environment where assigned tasks may change on short notice; that you can work outside in all four seasons; and, that you have the willingness and ability to grow with us as a valued team member.
- Full time hours with potential overtime, paid after 44 hours
- Monday - Friday with some overtime required some Saturdays (based on company needs)
- Competitive wages
- Pension and benefits offered with potential bonuses (based on work & company performance)
- Brand New, state of the art Maintenance Building!!
- Convenient Location (close to major highways)
- Valid Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic License (421A) is required
- 2+ years of experience working as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Clear Criminal Background
- You must be already legally able to work in Canada; fluent in English; and have a valid drivers’ license with a clean abstract.
If you are interested in this amazing career opportunity, please apply directly to this ad with your resume and cover letter, outlining how you would benefit our already dynamic team !