Interested in working for one of Canada's Top 100 Employers? We're an exciting, diverse and stable company that believes in the importance of collaboration and leverages state-of-the-art technology.
We are only a few minutes from Highway 401. If travel is your concern, consider moving to the beautiful and picturesque Waterloo region through our relocation program. The Waterloo Region is a great place to live, work and play. It's a mid-sized community with all the amenities of a large urban centre along with the charm and character of a smaller rural community. The region has everything you need; community events, award-winning restaurants, evening entertainment, impressive Sports Complexes, the host to two highest-ranked Universities in the country and the best part, it's an affordable place to live that's substantially lower than National and Ontario averages.
What's in It for You?
Our operations provide a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. Our plants are clean and safe. Our people, and the vehicles we build, have won many of the industry's most prestigious awards.
- Relocation Allowance
- Starting rate of $41.17/hour and after 6 working months, a full rate of $43.34/hour
- Plus, you will earn an afternoon shift premium of $2.17/hour, a night shift premium of $4.33/hour, paid overtime and an annual bonus
- Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible Health Care Benefits starting on date of hire
- Competitive Defined Contribution Pension with contribution matching
- Vacation: 19 days of Paid Time Off, 14 scheduled days off - 9 Statutory Holidays and 5 Floating Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Tools and equipment provided
- Allowance for Uniforms
- Free membership to our onsite fitness center
- Training on equipment and technologies; tuition coverage for career development and personal interest courses
"I have been here for over 25 years and have moved through various stages of my personal life always knowing I had the job security needed to live my dreams"
- Team Member
You could be working in the Cambridge or Woodstock facility in Weld, Paint/Plastics, Stamping or Assembly department with various manufacturing equipment such as conveyors, overhead and transfer systems, automated guided vehicles, robotic systems, presses etc.
- Operate within a multi-skilled environment to maintain the plant’s machinery and equipment, while improving processes to minimize disruption to the production line
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with standardized procedures
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, including PLC and motor controls, safety sensors and relays
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment, including pneumatic and hydraulic systems, drives, bearings and gears
Above all, you’ll be someone who values making things better and has the commitment to learn and deliver consistently. In return, you can look forward to work in an environment that’s built on teamwork and offers an excellent package of benefits.
- An Ontario or Inter-Provincial (442A/309A/Red Seal) Electrician Certificate of Qualification is required
- Completion of Apprenticeship as an Electrician preferred or 7 years relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Electrician
- Demonstrated experience with PLC - Ladder Logic, VFD and Industrial automation to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Demonstrated experience using various tools to repair equipment
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and repairing many different types of equipment
- Demonstrated experience performing preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment
- Strong problem-solving skills related to troubleshooting equipment issues, preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing/industrial environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional team members
- Mechanical aptitude/ interest
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Ability to work at the facilities located in Cambridge and Woodstock
To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, we are smoke free property.