Residential New Home Construction Sheet Metal HVAC Installer.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Must have a Red Seal Journeyman
- Wage premium paid if installer has an M1 license
- Wage premium paid if HRAI Certification if present
- Previous experience in Sheet Metal Installation and/or working within the commercial or residential construction industry
- Intermediate English skills
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Administrative / Organizational skills– Ability to plan, organize, and efficiently handle activities (and eliminate unnecessary activities). Regularly completes paperwork, hands in paperwork in timely manner
- Knowledge of work– knowledge and understanding of phases of job, understanding of code and provincial requirements
- Ability to plan ahead – forecast and prepare scope of work, identify material requirements in advance.
- Reads and interpret blueprints
- Ownership / Accountability / Quality Control– take pride in work, and review those of others to ensure it is of quality
- Communication – Effective in listening to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing and providing relevant and timely information to management, co-workers, and customers.
- Teamwork– Ability to get along with fellow employees, respect the right of other employees and show a cooperative spirit.
- Decision Making/ Problem Solving– Able to effectively understand problems and make timely, practical decisions.
- Time Management– ability to recognize amount of time to be allocated to a task and stay within those parameters.
- Job Knowledge – Eager in keeping knowledgeable of methods, techniques and skills required for job; remaining current on new developments affecting your trade and work activities.
- Specific job knowledge– fluent in HVAC distribution systems, Appliance venting and Balancing HRV’s.
- Leadership– Effective in accomplishing work assignments; establishing challenging goals; delegating and coordinating effectively when required to do so; promoting innovation and team effort.
- Customer Responsiveness– Show responsiveness and courtesy in dealing with internal staff, external customers and vendors; employee projects in a courteous manner.
- Safety– abides by and exhibits a positive attitude towards safety. Contributes to accident prevention, safety awareness, ability to care for property and keep workplace safe and tidy.
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates. These checks must be satisfactory for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.