Position: Water Heater Installer
Location: Whitby (Durham region)
Reports to: Operations Manager
For the past 50 years, Reliance Home Comfort has been the industry leader in providing home comfort solutions to over 1.9 million customers across North America.
Reliance™ provides affordable and reliable home heating, cooling, water purification, electrical, plumbing, and Smart Home services. Our customers are confident in our fast, friendly, and knowledgeable service. Now that’s comfortable!
Our organization has grown exponentially in size and we are extremely proud to be recognized by:
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. for Canada’s Most Admired CEO (Sean O’Brien)
- Glassdoor as “Best Places to Work in Canada”
Each day, 2,300 Reliance Team Members focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience, developing top talent, and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2019 alone, we have donated over $650,000 to United Way and $100,000 to Habitat for Humanity.
Reliance is passionate about our team members’ growth and success. We proudly offer a Technical Training Assistance Program, access to tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave for eligible team members.
What We Offer to You:
• A generous compensation and benefits plan
- A wide array of Team Member benefits and discounts - i.e: (Goodlife Fitness, Mark’s Works Warehouse, Home and Auto Insurance, Team Member Advantage Discount)
- Completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have a Gas Technician II license.
- Must have a Full G Class Driver’s License.
- Diagnostic and HVAC maintenance skills for residential equipment.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position, (i.e. frequent lifting of weight of 25 kg, occasionally up to 50kg).
- In addition, ability to lift and maneuver water heaters with the assistance of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to understand/learn new technologies (i.e. Electronics/electricity).
- 1 year of experience with tankless and water heater installation is an asset.
- Requires working rotating shifts and standby duties as required, including weekends.
- Paid training will be provided
- Professionally install water heater and tankless equipment and accessory items in accordance with manufacturer specifications, local codes and company standards
- The replacement or repair of leaking water heaters, and maintenance of HVAC equipment
- Providing superior customer service (i.e. execution of “The Right Call” process)
- Educating customers, providing options and making recommendations
- Explain, educate and promote the value of Reliance’s products, services and programs on every call.
- Contribute to business growth by lead generation
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.
Thank you for considering Reliance Home Comfort and we look forward to reviewing your application.