If you are looking for a dynamic organization this is the job opportunity for you. We are recruiting a maintenance technician who will responsible for performing general maintenance and repair for our restaurants and buildings in Miramichi The incumbent completes general carpentry, basic plumbing, HVAC PM, gas and electrical maintenance work as required. The Maintenance Technician also performs basic repairs and maintenance on the mechanical operating systems and equipment found within the restaurants. This is a field position that will require daily commuting to various locations.
Suitable candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- High energy, self-motivated and must have a positive attitude
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong Customer Service Experience
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract
- Must be willing to travel and be prepared to work on-call (rotation) and overtime
- Training will be provided
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment, refrigeration and HVAC systems as needed
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance tasks as required
- Perform regular workplace inspections to determine areas that need maintenance or repair
- Ensure that any required maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Prepare and paint interior and exterior surfaces as required
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventive maintenance program and departmental procedures
- Troubleshoot, install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs on the various mechanical operating systems found at Franchise Management Inc., including HVAC systems, air conditioning systems, etc.
- Inspect the premises for burnt out light bulbs – ensure these are replaced immediately
- Change HVAC and air conditioning filters as needed
- Replace broken windows, repair doors, door locks and closets, install/replace window blinds, etc.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Oversee outside contractors and HVAC technicians to ensure timely service and performance.
Post-secondary school diploma in a related field or completion of a craft apprenticeship, or equivalent
- HVAC certification and G1/G2 certification or Gas Technician 2 license are preferred
- 3 years of work experience in building maintenance considered an asset
- Ability to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets