Switzer-CARTY Transportation Inc. is currently seeking a licensed Class 310T Technician for both the Region of Peel and Halton. Switzer-CARTY is a growing school bus company and a leader in the industry. At Switzer-CARTY we have always remained true to our core values that the root of our success lies with our people. Our key values of leadership, honesty/integrity and professionalism has led to our company becoming an employer of choice.
There are many benefits to joining the Switzer-CARTY team such as:
- Competitive wages
- Straight day shifts, Monday - Friday
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RSP plan
- Employer paid license renewal: generous tool and clothing allowance
JOB SUMMARY – Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be a full-time position reporting to the Shop Manager. Hours are predominantly days, Monday through Friday although some overtime may be required on a seasonal basis. Switzer-CARTY operates a newer fleet and has a thorough maintenance program driving quality and reliability.
- Performs scheduled and emergency services and maintenance to fleet vehicles (school buses) in accordance with maintenance schedule
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using diagnostic equipment and make recommendations on the best course of action
- Perform brake, safety and emissions inspections in accordance with Ministry and company standards
- Perform emergency road breakdown repairs. May provide trouble shooting advice to vehicle operators
- Works with driver and supervisor in diagnosing problems and repairs needed
- Performs inspections and repairs to wheelchair or other ramps, hoisting or lifting devices
- Maintains records of maintenance performed, parts and supplies used.
- Ensure vehicles operators have access to necessary supplies such as fuel, oil and other fluids
- May assist in inclement weather in ensuring fleet starts and is in proper condition to meet service hours
- Perform repairs and assist in maintenance of building
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license (class “G”)
- 310T Mechanic License and experience with gasoline and diesel engines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer skills and capability of using OEM diagnostic software and tools
- Ability to organize and prioritize
Job Type: Full-time
The safety of our people is a top priority. Full COVID-19 safety protocols are in effect at all our locations.