Amazon is hiring Full-Time Seasonal Warehouse Associates (Day & Night Shift, 6 months contract) in New Westminster who can thrive in a fast-paced environment that involves working with and around moving machinery. Work inside an Amazon warehouse, picking, packing and shipping customer orders.
*** We are currently offering a $1000 sign-on bonus for all new hires at our New Westminster Warehouse! ***
- Paid in 2 installments ($500 at the end of the 1st month and $500 at the end of the 2nd month)
- Available for a limited time for start dates between 9/13 and 10/10 so apply now!
- Earn $15.75/hr for day shift & $16.25/hr for night shift
- Full-Time Seasonal 6-month contract
Location: 109 Braid St, New Westminster, BC V3L 5H4, Canada
- Be part of the team that prepares Amazon customer orders. Some of your duties may include:
- Receive and stow inventory
- Pick and pack orders
- Load boxes into trucks for shipment
- Perform the following tasks:
- Lift up to 22 kilograms /49 pounds
- Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Operate carts, dollies, hand trucks, forklifts, order pickers, and other equipment to move large quantities of merchandise
- Operate powered industrial equipment (PIT); we provide special training to associates based on interest and availability
- Climb and descend stairs (applies to sites with stairs)
- Work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 12 meters / 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
Working in an Amazon Warehouse
Working in a warehouse means being on the front line of fulfilling our customer promise. Here’s what it’s like inside the warehouse:
- Your safety is important to us. While on the job, you’ll wear a reflective vest, do daily stretching exercises to get ready for each shift, share safety tips with co-workers, and recognize each other for working safely.
- Flexibility is key; associates should be open to working voluntary and mandatory extra hours and willing to work at a fast pace.
- You’ll be on the move for your whole shift. Your shifts will include standing in one place for extended periods, walking around the facility, and climbing stairs. You will need to wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes.
- Even with climate controls, temperatures in some parts of our warehouses may vary between 15°C / 60°F and 32°C / 90°F. When working in the truck yard or inside of a trailer on the dock during a hot day, the temperature can exceed 32°C / 90°F.
- Noise levels vary. Hearing protection is available.
- A relaxed dress code gives you freedom to move around and feel comfortable and safe. We ask that associates follow warehouse dress code guidelines for safety reasons.
- High school or equivalent diploma
- No resume or previous work experience required!