Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Skilled Labourer is primarily responsible for the security, heating and safety of the construction site.
- Responsible for locking and unlocking of doors, windows in units under construction, office spaces and storage spaces within the construction project.
- Responsible to supply and monitor the construction heat in units under construction from propane, natural gas and electric heat supplies.
- Responsible to supply and deliver building material for site staff, site office and trades people.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of company owned/rented vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Responsible to install and monitor safety rails and ramps, and guards including excavation hole protection.
- Responsible to erect home, lot and civic signs as assigned.
- Responsible to install insulation, vapour barrier, acoustic sealant, clamping, foam and construction locks in units under construction.
- Ensure compliance with the organization's policies and procedures including health & safety. Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Construction projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract and insurable under the Company Insurance Policy.
- Secondary School Diploma
- Valid Driver's license with good driver's abstract from the Ministry
- fluent in the oral and written English language
- WHMIS, Propane, and Natural Gas training and valid record of training
Experience & Skills:
- 1-2 years in the construction field
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to own and operate hand/power tools
- Familiar with common practices and procedures within the new residential field
- Ability to organize, plan and communicate effectively
- Ability to produce within stated deadlines
- Heavy lifting required several times per day.
- Internal: Daily interaction with site staff and health & safety department
- External: Regular contact with contractors and suppliers. Occasional contact with clients and prospective clients.
- Work normally requires a high level of physical effort and exertion in heavy lifting.
- Work normally requires a moderate level of mental effort in monitoring heating supplies and installing safety rails, ramps and guards.
- Work normally requires a moderate level of visual effort in operating vehicle and hand/power tools.
- Generally work in an outdoor environment 50% of the time.