· Supervise the daily work of assigned work crews.
· Evaluate crew performance and providing them with coaching and feedback to grow and develop their skills and abilities.
· Supervise the assembly/installation of a wide variety of equipment by determining proper hoisting/rigging devices needed to safely maneuver the equipment into place.
· Read, interpret, and apply technical information.
· Read work orders and material lists.
· Provide employee on-the-job training.
· Recommend staffing decisions such as hiring, promotions, and terminations.
· Ensure that safety policies, procedures and practices are followed by all crew.
· Abide by all the company’s field safety rules and work with leads on performing all tasks in the safest manner.
· Conduct tool/equipment safety training with their crew.
· Conduct job site safety audits at the direction of the site superintendent and safety personnel.
· All other duties assigned by superintendent/general foreman.
Number of Positions (if more than one): FourTerms of Employment: Permanent, Full-TimeWage/Salary: $29.00-$32.00 per hourBenefits (if applicable):
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Long Term Disability
Extended Health Care
Emergency out of Province/Travel Assistance Location of Work: Dugald, MB, Project Site 8 km East on Hwy 15
Grand Plains, MB, Project Site ½ km South on Poplar E
Education Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
• At least 5 years’ of SLIP Deck leadership experience.
• Possess a good working knowledge of form building and all types of concrete work.
• Be able to read and understand blue prints, charts and operating manuals.
• Be able to use prints to perform detailed layout duties.
• Possess the basic knowledge of equipment rigging; such as cranes, mechanical (crab), electric winches, torches, welding equipment, and lifting equipment.
• Know welding symbols and standard mechanical drafting symbols.
• Be proficient in basic fabrication operations.
• Possess the basics of equipment assembly procedures to include gear drives and conveying equipment.
• Be able to assemble, troubleshoot and problem solve with mechanical equipment
• Commissioning experience.