The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Because of this, during the current health crisis our recruiting process is as follows:
- Complete or submit and online application or resume.
2. If the Superintendent is interested in speaking with you further, the site will call you to schedule an interview.
3. During your interview, you will be required to stay in your vehicle in the jobsite parking lot. The Superintendent will either interview you from their own vehicle in the parking lot, or via phone call from the jobsite trailer.
4. If the Superintendent would like to offer you a job, it will be contingent upon you answering our COVID-19 screening questions and getting your temperature taken. You will not be allowed to enter the jobsite unless you have successfully passed the screening.
Location/Project: Dugald, MB - Grain Terminal
Estimated Job Duration: 12 Months
Position Summary: Perform tasks involving physical labour at construction site. May operate hand and power tools of all types. May clean and prepare sites, set braces and frames, pour and finish concrete, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, etc. May assist other craft workers.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment, abide by all of the company's field safety rules, and work with supervisors on performing all tasks in the safest manner.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Candidates with previous construction experience are preferred.
- Candidates who have passed a Construction Safety Training System (CSTS-09) course preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Involves physical work that requires frequent use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to perform strenuous outdoor work in exposed weather conditions on a day-to-day basis.
- Must be able to climb and work at excessive heights.
- Must have a normal range of hearing and vision.
- May require lifting up to 30 kgs.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 5:30 pm. Estimated at 45 hours per week. Weekend work and additional daily work may be required during peak construction periods.