Receive incoming products, materials and supplies, and maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing in stock. Provide internal product control and prepare materials for shipping.
- Must have knowledge of operation and maintenance of equipment and hand tools.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings and work orders.
- Successful completion of all Carte pre-screening, assessments and tests.
- Must possess basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, conversions of fractions and decimals.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Must be able to be certified as an operator for FORKLIFT and AISLE STACKER.
- Must be willing to work in other departments on a temporary basis as assigned by the manager.
- Must be available to work all shifts – days, afternoons, midnights (Mandatory).
- Complete daily checks on material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections, notify maintenance when repairs are needed.
- Utilize lifting devices and carts to locate, move and deliver materials.
- Prepare goods for shipment.
- Receive incoming product.
- Maintain Inventory
- Provide internal product control.
- Utilize computer to manage inventory, materials, and shipments.
- Dump plant garbage into appropriate outside bins, notify admin to contact vendor for pickup when full.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and safety and health regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good time management skills with ability to achieve and maintain required productivity levels in a dynamic and challenging environment by effectively organizing, prioritizing, and executing tasks.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Capable of performing physical job requirements with ability to lift to 50 lbs. and consistently reach, bend, sit, stand and climb.
- Reliable, punctual, and positive team-player who is adaptable, open minded, enthusiastic, and takes initiative.
- Previous knowledge and experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing considered an asset.