The General Labourer assists Painters with prep, sand, touch-up/rework, and mix.
- Knowledge and experience with operation and maintenance of hand tools.
- Must be able to read and understand work orders.
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on ladders.
- Knowledge of and experience with paint processes.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Successful completion of all Carte pre-screening, assessments and tests.
- Must possess basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, conversions of fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to be certified as a FORKLIFT OPERATOR and OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR.
- Must be willing to work in other departments on a temporary basis as assigned by the manager.
- Must be available to work all shifts – days, afternoons, midnights (Mandatory).
- Perform brush painting and touch up/rework as required.
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the correct color, according to client specifications.
- Perform general daily maintenance to ensure paint equipment and facilities are in working order.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and safety and health regulations.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to achieve and maintain required productivity levels in a dynamic and challenging environment by effectively organizing, prioritizing, and executing tasks.
- Ability to work, problem solve and make decisions independently without direct supervision.
- Capable of performing physical job requirements with ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and consistently reach, bend, sit, stand and climb.
- Reliable, punctual, and positive team-player who is adaptable, open minded, enthusiastic, and takes initiative, and has strong organizational and time management skills.
- Previous knowledge and experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing considered an asset.