Create Your Experience of a Lifetime!
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first-time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development experience, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, and mountain shuttles
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (for eligible seasonal employees after working 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The primary role of this position is to provide an extraordinary vacation experience for our Owners and Guests by maintaining our Legends, First Tracks, and Evolution properties to a five star standard and by providing extraordinary guest service. This position has a focus on assisting with the nightly shutdown of our pool areas, including chemical testing and balancing.
*Applicants are advised that this position involves over night shifts, much of which will be spent alone.
- Housing: Not available
- Outlet: Lodging Ovations - Hotel Maintenance
- Expected Pay Range: $20.00 - $25.47 / hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time, Year Round
- Night Coverage - Graveyard Shift Only
- Skill Level: Entry
- Embrace Lodging Ovation’s Leadership Best Practices and Mission to ensure an extraordinary vacation experience for Owners and Guests.
- Adhere to all workplace health and safety procedures and policies. Notify supervisor or management of all unsafe conditions and practices.
- Respond to guest concerns and service requests
- Respond to all emergencies particularly noise complaints and pool poachers
- Ensuring the safety of our guests and owners by performing routine nighttime building walk-throughs and common area lock/unlock patrols.
- Maintaining guest units to a five star standard.
- Wood furniture re-finishing, staining, drywall repair and painting.
- Performing daily pool and hot tub chemical testing, balancing, cleaning and repair
- Diagnosing and repairing appliances and electronic equipment, including kitchen appliances, control boards, and similar equipment.
- HVAC systems operation and maintenance with a focus on recognizing problems and defects early to avoid downtime in our 24/7 high-availability environment.
- Electrical equipment diagnosis and repair on 120, 208, and 347 volt systems.
- Organizing, and executing various projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assisting other departments as needs and business levels dictate.
- Keeping all work areas clean and organized. Reporting all missing tools and required supplies to a supervisor or ordering directly when authorized.
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed, outstanding tasks, and noted deficiencies
- Other dutites if assigned
- A high level of integrity is mandatory.
- Post-secondary trade skill training, trade license or similar work experience is strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated history of safe work practices is required.
- Previous safety training related to working at heights, electrical low voltage ( < 600V), boiler system safety, WHIMIS and OFA level 1 is preferred.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills required
- Mature, positive attitude
- An eye for details
- Organizational skills preferred
- Ability to work alone is required.
- Ability to work without direct supervision is required
- Some experience with pool water chemistry is an asset.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.