Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
· A Machine license or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Four (4) or more years of machine shop experience
· Previous experience with lathes, mills, grinders, heat treating, multi spindle CNC, and gun-drills will be considered an advantage
· Full understanding and knowledge of machine controls, tools and work offsets
· Intermediate understanding of CNC programming
· Capable of operating CNC machines
· Capable of setting priorities for all set-ups
· Knowledge of SPC methods, process and machine capability requirements
· Must be capable of using measuring gauges and working to customer specifications
· Able to read CNC programs
· Ability to interpret blueprints and GD&T
· Possess excellent communication skills to interact with supervisors to take direction on job assignments, to seek clarification on unclear drawings or job instructions and to seek help when problems arise.
· Interact with co-workers to exchange tips about methods and procedures, to relay new information and to receive instructions or to instruct others how to perform new jobs.
· Possess problem solving skills to decide how to adjust or to change machine settings to improve the quality of pieces
· Ability to work independently and under pressure with strict timelines. When needed, be a part of a cross functional team which includes management to co-ordinate efforts to ensure that machines are used efficiently and work priorities are well managed
· Ability to learn new specifications and procedures through on-the-job training and experience. Receive training in first aid and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
· Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms to various levels within the organization
· Must have basic computer skills e.g. Microsoft Office
· Under general supervision, responsible for complex operations and duties in production.
· Track equipment performance and adjust set-ups, calibrations, and alignments. Call other specialists when serious problems occur.
· Track data associated with production equipment and report any inconsistencies.
· May assist with training other production technicians in order to cross-train workers
· Set-up equipment
· Write and/or modify CNC programs for lathes, milling machines, and grinders
· Set up CNC lathes, milling machines, grinders, SPM’s based on process specifications.
· Analyze “out of tolerance” conditions and make adjustments via offsets.
· Read and interpret CMM reports.
· Set up and maintain adjustable support tools (fixturing)
· Predict tool wear and tool changes based on SPC data
· Identify, select and prepare tooling
· Engaging in process and tooling improvements for cost reduction programs i.e. analyze tool wear and modify programs to improve tooling cost per piece
· Review tool cutter paths and other program elements with a view to reducing cycle time
· Work closely with Engineering on program launches
· Focus on continual improvement and cost reduction
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Autocom Mfg. 375 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K1B2
Camcor Mfg. 150 Arrow Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1T4
Camtac Mfg. 148 Arrow Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1T4
Cemtol Mfg. 41 Minto Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1A9
Comtech Mfg. 355 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
Corvex Mfg. 12 Independence Place, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H8
Eston Mfg. 277 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
Exkor Manufacturing 3590 Valtec Court, Windsor, ON, Canada, N8N 5E6
Hastech Mfg. 301 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1B2
Linamar Gear 32 Independence Place, Guelph, ON, Canada, N1K 1H8
Linamar Innovation HUB 750 Woodlawn Road W, Guelph, ON N1K 1G4
Linamar Light Metals – Welland Inc. 59 Canal Bank Street, Welland ON Canada L0S1K0
Linamar Performance Center, 30 Minto Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H5
Linergy Mfg. 87 Campbell Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1B9
Linex Mfg. 355 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1B2
LPP Manufacturing Inc. 347 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
PowerCor Mfg. 545 Elmira Road North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1C2
Quadrad Mfg. 30 Malcolm Road, Guelph, ON, Canada, N1K 1A9
Roctel Mfg. 415 Elmira Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H3
Salford Group, Inc. 364018 McBeth Road, Salford, ON Canada N0J 1W0
Salford Group Inc. 20 Phebe Street, Norwich, ON Canada N0J 1P0
Skyjack Inc. Plant 1, 55 Campbell Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1B9
Skyjack Inc. Plant 2, 201 Woodlawn Road West, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1B8
Spinic Mfg. 285 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H3
The Frank Hasenfratz Centre of Excellence 700 Woodlawn Road W, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1G4
Transgear Mfg. 400 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1C4
Traxle Mfg. 280 Speedvale Ave West, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1C4
Vehcom Manufacturing 74 Campbell Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1C1
Wage: $27.00 - $36.50
Wages will be reviewed annually in accordance with the company’s performance management program.
Hours: 40 hours per week + overtime
All candidates must be able to work rotating shifts. Rotating Regular shifts: Days 7:00am-3:00pm; Afternoons 3:00pm-11:00pm; Nights 11:00pm-7:00am
Rotating Continental shift: 7:00am-7:00pm or 7:00pm-7:00am in a traditional 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off rotation.
There may be variations to shifts due to facility requirements.
Overtime: Paid at time and one half after 40 hours
Shift Premium: $1.00 per hour for afternoon and night shifts
Stepping Stool Bonus: Eligible for 0-3% of base earnings, paid out 45 days after each
Quarter closes. Waiting period applies.
Benefits: Safety Shoes, Safety Eye Protection, Hearing Protection, Tooling Allowance, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Out of Province Insurance, Extended Health, Vision Care, Dental, Drug, Pension and Health Care Spending Account. Waiting periods and restrictions apply.
Signing Bonus: $1000.00 Waiting periods and payment terms apply.
Number of Positions: 13
Successful candidate may apply online Req#7403. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.