Fogo Island Inn is an initiative of Shorefast, whose mission is to build cultural and economic resilience on Fogo Island and promote community well-being by building and sharing new models of economic development. By ‘holding on and reaching out’, Shorefast works with hospitality, art, technology, business, and design to enhance and share the natural assets of place.
The Controls Technician/Facilities Systems Analyst, based on Fogo Island, will perform a variety of functions to support daily operations While working in a fast-paced environment, the incumbent will demonstrate a positive can-do attitude. The Controls Technician/Facilities Systems Analyst will report to the Facilities Director.
· Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration, and repair of process control systems within the Fogo Island Inn and associated buildings.
· Maintain monitoring of all facilities systems within the Fogo Island Inn and associated buildings.
· Monitor, troubleshoot, and repair items related to the Inn’s Building Automation System.
· Monitor and control the Inn’s cinema and intercom equipment.
· Ensures operation of machinery, electrical and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
· Assist other technicians and maintenance personnel on site with any issues that arise within any of the systems associated with the Inn and associated buildings.
· Respond to emergency maintenance service requests accordingly.
· Be team oriented and take ‘ownership’ in the upkeep and operation of the Fogo Island Inn and associated properties.
· Review blueprints, building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
· Document additions, subtractions and any changes that occur within the operational systems at the Inn. This will include updating the drawings and/or O&M manuals.
· Prepare written work cost estimates.
· Follow all applicable safety rules and procedures.
· Must be neatly dressed, groomed and uniform in good order.
· Work in a collaborative and positive manner with all members of the team at the Inn.
· Proficient in using computer technology and email.
· Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate:
· Journeyperson trade certification or equivalent trade experience.
· Any additional training or certificates in field of expertise or related field considered an asset.
· Driver’s license is an essential requirement.
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Strong preventive maintenance skills.
· Promotes teamwork.
· Problem solving ability a huge asset.
· Keep records of assignments, work activity and produce detailed work reports.
· Resourceful at developing good solutions to issues.
· Superior communication skills.
· Capacity to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
What we offer:
· An engaged, highly supportive and collaborative environment
· The opportunity to work and live in a thriving social entrepreneurship environment
· A commitment to recruiting, promoting, and training qualified individuals at all levels within the organization
Submit a cover letter & resume, subject line “Facilities Systems Analyst"