Who We Are
Shorefast is one of North America’s most creative and notable social enterprises and the charitable organization behind the world-renowned Fogo Island Inn and Fogo Island Arts. Shorefast’s work has garnered significant international interest including a feature on 60 Minutes and named in The New York Times’ 52 Places for a Changed World.
Shorefast is committed to building economic and cultural resilience on Fogo Island while making it possible for local communities to thrive in the global economy; we’re forging a new path at the intersection of business, philanthropy, and community economic development.
The Maintenance Team Lead based on Fogo Island, will support the Maintenance team in performing a variety of functions. The Maintenance Team Lead will report to the Director, Construction, Facilities Systems and Special Projects. Working in a fast-paced environment, the incumbent will demonstrate a positive can-do attitude, while ensuring the Shorefast’s maintenance team is supported, and the department is organized to run in a smooth manner.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Director, Construction, Facilities Systems and Special Projects.
· The Maintenance Team Leader will lead maintenance teams responsible for repair of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), carpentry, painting, and other building systems.
· Planning, coordinating repairs, maintenance, and refurbishments of all systems for Shorefast properties.
· Monitors and keeps accurate records of all repairs and maintenance performed by Maintenance Team.
· Must be knowledgeable in the use of computerized programs and systems, including word processing, e-mail and maintenance management software. Experience with IQtrac a huge asset.
· Ensures the implementation of continuous preventative maintenance programs.
· Ensure tasks are scheduled, assigned and completed properly by the maintenance team.
· Responsible for ensuring the maintenance and cleanliness of all Shorefast Properties and tools and equipment in all shop areas.
· Establish proper inventories of materials, parts and products.
· Source and prepare orders of material and parts as needed.
· Enforce and follow all applicable safety rules and procedures and ensure all maintenance team members are adhering to safety standards.
· Work in a collaborative and positive manner with all members of the Shorefast team.
· Must be willing to work weekends and overtime as necessary.
· Other duties as required.
Qualifications you’ll bring
· Relevant education at the post-secondary level (degree or diploma), red seal certification in a trades related field or equivalent experience.
· Red Seal Certification in Refrigeration or HVAC considered a strong asset.
· Minimum of five years experience supervising maintenance programs considered a strong asset.
· Valid Canadian driver’s license is an essential requirement.
· Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Computer skills such as using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, maintenance based software and email.
· Capable of maintaining accurate, up to date records.
· Possess a demonstrated ability to effectively organize and lay out work programs.
· Must be able to produce accurate reports and written recommendations.
· Be a proven and strong team player.
· Positive, outgoing, ambitious, and energetic.
· Organized and strives for perfection.
· Team player with a roll up your sleeves approach to getting the job done.
· A passion for small communities.
What we offer:
· An engaged, highly supportive, and collaborative environment
· The opportunity to work in a thriving social entrepreneurship
· A commitment to recruiting, promoting, and training qualified individuals at all levels within the organization
· Competitive salary and compensation plan
· A dynamic culture that encourages and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit
Submit a cover letter & resume, subject line Maintenance Team Lead
Deadline for Applications: October 1st, 2023 or Until Filled
We are grateful for all applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.