Grand River Foods is a growing further food processing company based in Cambridge, ON, that offers its employees competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits and pension package, steady shifts with plenty of optional overtime, opportunities for advancement, and employee sales on our quality products. Burgers, wings, chicken fingers, oh my!
The Company: Grand River Foods is a leading food solutions company serving customers in the North American grocery and food service industry. As a member of the Sunrise Farm family, we remain as dedicated as ever to both providing a quality work environment for our employees, as well as producing only the highest quality products for our customers. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
The Location: Grand River Foods is based in Cambridge, Ontario. Our location is commutable from a number of cities in the region: Kitchener, Waterloo, Brantford, Guelph, and more. For those living in Cambridge, our facility is located nearby a number of GRT transit stops.
GRF is currently seeking an experienced Refrigeration B Millwright for the Afternoon shift
Afternoon shift: 1:00pm - 10:30pm (hours may change). Overtime may be required, including weekend rotation.
GRF operates in a cold, fast-paced, and physical environment. Applicants must be comfortable handling meat products (beef, pork, chicken, seafood, soy, etc.) and must be comfortable with 10-40 pounds of repetitive lifting.
- Coordination of the building systems operation including heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air-conditioning
- Operating/monitoring of an industrial ammonia refrigeration system
- Understanding and complying with all standard operation procedures in addition to regulated/legislated compliance standard for operation and maintaining of an industrial ammonia refrigeration system
- Working with outside contractors and/or vendors, including fire department and inspectors
- Perform facility inspections on a regular basis
- Completion of daily refrigeration system readings and daily logbook records
- Installs, maintains and repairs all mechanical and electrical systems and all machinery at the plant.
- Provide support to production in troubleshooting and repairing electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Complies with all necessary manufacturing codes, regulations and standards i.e. GMP, HACCP, WHIMIS, MSDS etc.
- Conduct scheduled preventive maintenance and calibration activities. Maintain an updated record of PM.
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve maintenance operations
- Actively promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Completes Maintenance reports and logs as required.
- Ensure all production equipment is serviced as required
- Monitor and adjust equipment to lower utility costs
- Enforce established safety, health, contamination and housekeeping policies and procedures in order to minimize staff injuries, lost production time, damage, and contamination of product
- Track building and equipment repairs
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with legislated and company health and safety standards
- Perform other duties as required
- Valid Refrigeration B / Millwright license
- Proven track record working with mechanics, machine shop practices (lathe & milling machines), welding (ARC, TIG, MIG), and pneumatic & hydraulic fields is required
- 2-5 years' industrial mechanical experience, preferably in the food industry
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production equipment (spiral ovens, freezers, formers, cartoners, traypacks, bread and batter equipment)
- Continually improve equipment function via design improvements
- Problem solving skills and good communication skills
- Knowledge of appropriate health & safety and environmental regulations
- Adherence to Food Safety Protocols
Wages and Benefits:
$39.00/hr to start, increasing to $41.39/hr upon successful completion of the three-month probationary period.
GRF also offers its employees:
- Comprehensive benefits after three-month probation
- Option to participate in GRF Pension Program after three-month probation
- As an essential business, we can offer steady shifts with plenty of opportunity for overtime, even in these trying times
- Opportunity for advancement (Operators, Blenders, Team Leaders)
- Product can be purchased at a reduced cost
- All company PPE provided