We currently have a great opportunity for a results oriented individual to join our team as an Electrician in our Moorefield, Ontario location. Pension and Benefits provided. Monday - Friday Day Shift. Plenty of overtime hours available.
- Installation of electrical/electronic equipment
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and electronic controls on various types of equipment
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and electrical code specifications
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, case assemblies and other electrical components
- Ability to work on 110V up to and including 600V systems and equipment.
- Strong knowledge in PLC5, RS logic, RS view, Allen Bradley controls, Device Net & Ethernet with a strong background in installations and troubleshooting.
- Background knowledge in frequency drives especially in Powerflexes.
- Work independently when required, and as part of a team when appropriate
- Troubleshoot and solve a variety of problems during the shift
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Promote and comply with Health and Safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned – Indoor and Outdoor
- Certified Electrician ticket required. Trade certificate – 442A or 309A
- Proven track record in troubleshooting, knowledge of P.L.C.’s and soft starts
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC and soft starts will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent computer knowledge
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Accustomed to working with computerized maintenance and inventory reporting systems
Thank you for your interest in Rothsay. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rothsay is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities where our facilities are located. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a manufacturing environment. Rothsay is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources Coordinator responsible for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.