TRUCK AND TRANSPORT TECHNICIAN – WHITEHORSE, YK
DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Group (Inland Kenworth) is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1500 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team, we invite you to apply today. We offer competitive wages and generous compensation packages including medical and dental!
The Truck & Transport Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining diesel engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications. If you are passionate about the work that you do, enjoy working with your hands and have 5 + years of experience as a technician and have your journeyman status, then we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking a Truck & Transport Technician to join our team in beautiful Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Analyze customers’ truck performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Documenting all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participate in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Ensures that the customers’ vehicles are kept clean and keep shop area neat and clean after each repair
- Maintain and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools, manuals, and computer diagnostic equipment.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, provincial/state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, occupational health & safety regulations, etc.
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Keep up-to-date with WHMIS training.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Qualification as a Journeyman Level Licensed Truck & Transport Technician is essential
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer skills and experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License: Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement or Class 1 (to test drive truck & trailer)
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection (CVIP) Certification
- Cummins engine training and qualification
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Accountability and dependability with great time management
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, must be able to walk around shop floor and exterior yard area (long periods standing / walking), requires mobility to easily access and egress trucks and equipment.