Jan 20, 2023
$35.35 - $37.76 hourly
Town of Oakville
Oakville, ON, Canada
- Performs scheduled Inspections, Preventive Maintenance, Repairs, Rebuilds, Tracing and Analysis, Adjustments, etc. on (but not limited to) vehicles, on and off-road equipment, automotive, industrial, agricultural, small tools and equipment, and their related components and systems
- Data search, diagnoses and repair of all vehicle systems including electrical, emission, transmission, engine, brakes, steering, suspension, hydraulic, pneumatic, and water systems
- Typical systems worked on include: Brakes - air, hydraulic, disc and drum. Engines - gas, diesel, propane. Drive Trains - standard and automatic transmissions with or without PTO, hydrostatic, axles, differentials, gearboxes, and clutches. Systems - Includes pneumatic, hydraulic, water, electrical. There are also welding and metal repair and some fabrication requirements;
- Records entries of activities including work orders, inspection sheets etc. and material usage;
- Provides guidance and instructions to students and drivers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school graduation, OSSD, or Ontario recognized equivalent. Valid 310 T Truck and Coach Technician to latest standards certificate and a valid 310 S Automotive Service Technician to latest standards certificate are required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in vehicle maintenance.
- Minimum of 2 years Municipal or equivalent diversified fleet experience.
- Lift truck operations and ICE-P Internal Combustion Alternate Fuel Technician – Propane certificates are definite assets.
- Ability to operate all necessary shop equipment including oxy\acetylene torches, arc and MIG welders and plasma cutter is required.
- Possess own set of mechanic’s basic tools.
- Ability to use electronic monitoring and diagnostic equipment is required.
- Must be able to function with technical drawings for equipment, electrical, pneumatic, fluid power. Must be competent in the use a computer in a Windows / Network environment.
- Understanding of Book 7 Traffic Control, Highway Traffic Act, MSDS, WHMIS, Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other Regulations and Standards as they affect this work.
- Demonstrate effective communications, both oral and written, customer service, and problem solving skills. Proficient time management skills and flexibility in adjusting between a variety of duties. Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Must hold and provide a copy of a valid and unrestricted Ontario Driver’s License Class DZ minimum (standard and automatic transmission) with a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour. Note: Applicants with 6 or more points are ineligible for consideration. The successful applicant, who is a new hire, will be required to provide the Corporation with a current drivers abstract (no older than 30 days) as a condition of employment.