Busy shop in North York is looking to hire an experienced, full-time, Automotive Mechanic/Automotive Technician.
Fleet Specialties Inc. provides vehicle maintenance and repair services to fleet clients. Work includes suspension, hydraulics, diagnostics, electrical, a/c, tires, brakes, alignments, oil changes, up-fitting, etc. We offer clean, modern equipment, shop tools, and facility. Vehicles include cars, light and medium trucks and vans.
Fleet Specialties Inc. is open Monday to Friday, no evenings and no weekends. Shop is within easy walking distance to Downsview Park subway station.
- 5 years experience as an Automotive and/or Light/Medium Duty Truck Mechanic.
- 310S or 310T preferred but not required.
- English communication skills (written and verbal).
- G driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Ability to use computerized diagnostic tools (e.g., scan tool, TPMS tool).
- Basic computer literacy – Mitchell, work order systems.
- Knowledge working on cars, pick-up trucks and small to full size vans.
- Capable of driving cars, vans, light and medium duty trucks.
- Own tools and personal protective equipment (e.g., steel toed safety boots).
- Perform general vehicle inspections.
- Make recommendations on immediate or upcoming maintenance or repairs.
- Lube, oil, filter change.
- Replace brake rotors/drums and pads.
- Transmission service (fluid/filter change).
- Scan/diagnose codes and make subsequent repairs in consultation with shop foreman.
- Install upfitting equipment (GPS, back-up alarm, shelving, racking, etc.).
- Seasonal tire changeovers (mount/balance/install, wheel & hub service, TPMS re-set).
- Write work orders on work completed and job recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position starts at $28-34/hour with potential for more once candidate has demonstrated ability to perform effectively in the role.