Heavy Iron is currently seeking multiple Heavy Equipment Technicians (HET) to add to our team. The successful candidate will enjoy working in our fully equipped Aldersyde location. The HET will perform some or all the following:
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Work with Service Manager to prioritize and review repair orders to meet field demands.
- Perform all repairs in a timely manner.
- Perform diagnostics and strategize repairs.
- Perform quality repairs and verify repairs before equipment leaving the shop.
- Perform equipment repairs and service on site when necessary.
- Keep detailed service reports and documentation.
- Promote and carry out Heavy Iron Safety Procedures and Documentation.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team;
- Journeyperson Heavy-Duty Mechanic (HDET) trade qualification preferred; Apprentices will also be considered
- High school graduation or equivalent;
- A minimum of a valid Class 5 Provincial driver’s license;
- Two to three years of relevant experience; including experience working in a construction service setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A commitment to Heavy Iron core values, including Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, and Excellence
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in adverse weather conditions
What we offer
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Day shift, overtime
- Career development to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive compensation
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical programs.
- Attractive overtime incentive plan