We are looking for a Dynamic and a well-qualified candidate with experience in Food Manufacturing to join our team in the capacity of Maintenance Electrician at our facility in Edmonton.
The Maintenance Electrical is responsible to work under the supervision of and to assist the PPS – Equipment, and the Electrician, in the performance of their day-to-day responsibilities, while working in line with the learning criteria and goals of the Ministry of Training and Education.
About the company:
Wing’s Food Products is a family business since 1953 specializing in providing a full range of quality food products to a variety of consumer and food service markets. The company provides a friendly and team-oriented work atmosphere as well as growth opportunity.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools
- Modify, repair, install, maintain, improve and troubleshoot various types of packing & process equipment in food manufacturing
- Diagnose mechanical problems and provide quick, innovative solutions for mechanical equipment breakdowns by applying proven skills in the principles of mechanics
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Work on other electrical projects as required
- Observe safety procedure and meet electrical codes
Skills and Education:
· Ability to:
o Follow verbal and written instructions in English related to job duties
o Work in a team environment with continuous improvement efforts
o Acquire new skills as per training provided
o Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors as a Quality Focused, Service Oriented Team Player
o Conduct PM program according to standards
· Handling medium heavy loads (up to 23kg/50 lbs)
· Completion of secondary school is required
· Registration as an Industrial Electrician
· Awareness of federal, local electrical codes and regulation
· Previous experience in an electrical and mechanical capacity, preferably within a manufacturing environment