CARTE International Inc. is a Winnipeg company that is a major manufacturer and supplier of high-quality transformers to the Canadian and USA markets. We provide excellent customer service, and the overall excellence of our dedicated team is one of the major reasons for Carte’s success.
If you enjoy being a part of a dynamic team, and are dedicated to working safely, efficiently and with a high standard of quality, we invite you to apply!
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings specifications.
- Must possess basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, conversions of fractions and decimals.
- Experience using electrical and manual tools (calipers, squares, etc.).
- Must be able to be certified as a FORKLIFT OPERATOR and OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR.
- Must be willing to work in other departments on a temporary basis as assigned by the manager.
- Must be available to work all shifts – days, afternoons, midnights (Mandatory).
- Assemble transformers according to specifications, performing any combination of following tasks:
- CORE LAPPING
- Disassemble cores to facilitate lapping to coils and lap cores into coils.
- Secure cores/coils, using metal strapping, band clippers or metal clamping assemblies.
- Attach wire harness and terminals to core and coil assemblies/switches, according to work order, using hydraulic tools, hand tools, spacers and tie wraps.
- Clean tanks/covers to remove materials accumulated during production processing.
- Assemble transformers; position, insert and attach transformer core/coil assembly in tank and install accessories as required, use pneumatic tools and hand tools.
- Position and align wires and terminals of core/coil assemblies to maintain proper electrical clearance.
- Position and/or operate/monitor heating ovens for dry-out process.
- Position and monitor transformers in vacuum chamber for vacuum cycle and insulating fluid process.
- FINAL ASSEMBLY
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine product specifications, materials requirements or assembly instructions.
- Assemble electrical or electronic equipment, systems or support structures.
- Install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, or other types of hardware.
- Drill or tap holes in specified equipment locations to mount accessories.
- Rework assemblies or transformers with defects.
- Complete assigned tasks and ensure performance targets and qualities are met.
- Maintain equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness in the work area.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and safety and health regulations.
- Ability to achieve and maintain required productivity levels in a dynamic and challenging environment by effectively organizing, prioritizing, and executing tasks.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Capable of performing physical job requirements with ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and consistently reach, bend, sit, stand and climb.
- Reliable, punctual, and positive team-player who is adaptable, open minded, enthusiastic, and takes initiative.
- Previous knowledge and experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing considered an asset.