CARTE International Inc. is a Winnipeg company that is a major manufacturer and supplier of high-quality transformers to the Canadian and USA markets. We provide excellent customer service, and the overall excellence of our dedicated team is one of the major reasons for Carte’s success.
If you enjoy being a part of a dynamic team, and are dedicated to working safely, efficiently and with a high standard of quality, we invite you to apply!
- Must have knowledge of operation and maintenance of equipment and hand tools.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings and work orders.
- Successful completion of all Carte pre-screening, assessments and tests.
- Must possess basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, conversions of fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to be certified as a FORKLIFT OPERATOR and OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR.
- Must be willing to work in other departments on a temporary basis as assigned by the manager.
- Must be available to work all shifts – days, afternoons, midnights (Mandatory).
- Clean tank of sharp edges, clean weld spatter, shoot studs, apply penetrant.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork including records and check sheets.
- Use tools, equipment and technology, manufacturing/operations equipment, computers.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and safety and health regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to achieve and maintain required productivity levels in a dynamic and challenging environment by effectively organizing, prioritizing, and executing tasks.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently without direct supervision.
- Capable of performing physical job requirements with ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and consistently reach, bend, sit, stand and climb.
- Reliable, punctual, and positive team-player who is adaptable, open minded, enthusiastic, and takes initiative, and has strong organizational and time management skills.
- Previous knowledge and experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing considered an asset.