Looking for Technicians to diagnose, inspect, adjust, repair, or overhaul recreational vehicles including travel trailers. May specialize in maintaining gas, electrical, hydraulic, plumbing, or chassis/towing systems as well as repairing generators, appliances, and interior components. Includes workers who perform customized van conversions.
Other tasks include:
· Locate and repair frayed wiring, broken connections, or incorrect wiring, using ohmmeters, soldering irons, tape, or hand tools.
· Repair plumbing or propane gas lines, using caulking compounds and plastic or copper pipe.
· Confer with customers, read work orders, or examine vehicles needing repair to determine the nature and extent of damage.
· Examine or test operation of parts or systems to ensure completeness of repairs.
· Connect electrical systems to outside power sources and activate switches to test the operation of appliances or light fixtures.
· Connect water hoses to inlet pipes of plumbing systems and test operation of toilets or sinks.