If you enjoy being a part of a dynamic team and are seeking opportunities for professional advancement, we invite you to apply! The company is currently seeking two full-time Welders.
WHY WORK FOR CARTE INTERNATIONAL?
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental benefits
- Safety glasses and steel-toed safety shoe allowances
- Free parking
- Career advancement and development opportunities as most are filled internally
- Participate with various committees, such as Safety and Health, Social Club, and United Way
- Stay physically active while working – and get paid for it!
This position will be responsible for operating weld machines and work with a variety of weld fixtures while adhering to the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) welding procedures.
- Read and interpret welding blueprints and/or process sheets
- Take and/or read measurements to plan layouts and procedures
- Determine appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements of the job
- Interpret weld symbols
- Weld using various material and techniques (specifically MIG and TIG)
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Visually inspect welded surfaces and structure to confirm adherence to procedure
- Maintain equipment and keep a tidy workspace
- Complete tasks while ensuring performance targets and qualities are met
- Must hold valid CWB certification ticket for MCAW flat position
- Must have 1 – 2 years of MIG welding experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
*****Entry-level candidates with relevant education and training may also be considered
- Thorough knowledge of all types of welding procedures and practices
- Be able to be certified as a fork truck operator and overhead crane operator
- Strong understanding in blueprint reading/weld symbols to accurately build products to specifications
- Experience with using electrical and manual tools (calipers, squares, etc.)
- Proficient in layout, tacking, welding, grinding, and finishing
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures and work habits and willingness to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times
- Previous knowledge or experience with 5S and Lean manufacturing considered an asset
- Required and must be available to work all shifts (days, afternoons, and midnights)
· Possess basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, and conversions of fractions/decimals)
· Adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands, and dealing with frequent delays or unexpected events
· Outstanding attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Reliable, punctual, and a positive team-player
For more information, please visit http://www.carte.ca.
To explore this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications.