Are you tired of driving here there and everywhere to do electrical work? Do you want to work with a great team of maintenance specialists that support one another with projects? Would you enjoy working in an environment that is surrounded by beautiful plants? Do you want to work for a company that actually encourages you not to work overtime? If you said yes to all of the above please keep reading...
Why Van Belle Nursery?
Van Belle Nursery supplies premium plants to growers and garden center partners across North America. We are located in a beautiful location in Abbotsford BC.
Five Core Values are the foundation of our cherished company culture:
Best Effort, Always Positive, Respect People, Find a Better Way, and Do It Now.
We hold these values dearly.
As a result, they guide our decision-making with respect to recruiting and management across our group of companies.
- Valid driver's license required. Clean driving record.
- Electrical, technical and mechanical background.
- Knowledge of Argus systems and asset.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to be organized and work with interruptions.
- Hard working self-starter who can work alone or as part of a multi-trade team.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, twist, turn and climb.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 - 70lbs
- Work alongside multi-trade Facilities Team;
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and components, including electrical controls, panel boxes, fuses, lights, and wiring;
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment ;
- Inspect on a routine basis, electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues;
- Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components, and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem;
- Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs;
- Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used;
- Provide suggestions on the lifespan of equipment and other electrical components, advising when certain components should be replaced due to potential risks;
- Renovate electrical systems in commercial/residential structures;
- Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits;
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts install surface mount and/or overhead cables;
- Ground and bond electrical equipment, systems and structures;
- General electrical repair for Single phase and 3 Phase
- Motor diagnosis- Controls systems- Low voltage repair- PLC knowledge- Frequency Drive knowledge/Experience;
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers;
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the Canadian Electrical Code;
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment.
- May require some work on Saturdays depending on the work load and time of year, Spring is our busiest season.
- Being in the agriculture industry we are exempt from paying time and a half for overtime. This job does not require overtime. Working extra hours is at the discretion of the employee.
- Open book management - all full time employees see the books every week
- A positive and dynamic work environment.
- Full benefits package after 3 months
- $35/hr to start - you never end where you start also because we are in the agriculture industry we are exempt from paying overtime but we also encourage a work life balance you can put in more than 8 hours if you choose to.
- Profit share paid out quarterly when we are at least at a level 2