Freightliner of Ottawa, Western Star of Ottawa is a leading multi brand OEM dealer of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Ontario, operating 24 Bay Dealership. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Service Manager in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Cultivate a safe work environment by ensuring adherence to policies and procedures, including provision of applicable training, maintenance, and communication.
- Work closely with Service Supervisors to coordinate daily operations, scheduling and supervision for 24 employees (day and evening shifts).
- Ensure appropriate facility maintenance, continually measure and improve service efficiencies and maintain spending in line with budget.
- Build relationships with large fleet customers to develop and grow our preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee recruiting and hiring of staff to meet business needs, including apprentice and licensed technicians.
- 5-7 years of experience managing a comparable service operation, including staff management responsibilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the truck and transport service industry is required. The ideal candidate would be a licensed (truck and transport) technician or be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the complexities of current mechanical repair and maintenance.
- Good business sense, along with strong decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office products).
Francis Canada Truck Centres Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, including group benefits and a retirement savings plan. Earnings will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer relocation benefits where required. To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume and covering letter.
Freightliner of Ottawa values a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to equitable hiring practices. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.