The Machine Operator is responsible for a range of duties to ensure total order fulfillment. This position is responsible for the life cycle of an order once it reaches the plant ranging from: pulling product, to set-up and running of machines and equipment, to proper handling and packaging of order. This role supports Rolark’s commitment to quality, value and service to our customers in the effective, accurate and precise operation and maintenance of equipment, machines, and final customer product. The Machine Operator is responsible for accurate individual output, as well as contributing to the overall productivity of the Rolark team.
We are specifically looking for the following Machine Operator roles:
- Laser Operator
- CNC Plasma
- Manual Machine Operator
The duties and responsibilities expected in this role are outlined, but not limited to the following:
- Read specifications and follow verbal instructions;
- Pull inventory according to order specifications;
- Set up, adjust and operate various metal cutting machines;
- Properly load material onto cutting bed with appropriate material handling equipment (may require lifting of up to 50 lbs.);
- Monitor and manage (including troubleshooting) cutting operation;
- Assess cut pieces for quality and prepare product for delivery;
- Remove skeleton and unload finished product;
- Properly package and secure all orders which may include making skids, boxes, strapping and wrapping items accordingly;
- Assemble coordinate and prepare various line items of each individual order and transport to loading area;
- Load and unload delivery trucks;
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory, including stock profiles and stock locations;
- Minimize overstock and remove obsolete/redundant raw materials to maximize availability of working capital;
- Check and complete all necessary paperwork;
- Operate industrial material handling equipment such as tow motor (forklift), overhead crane and lift truck (Raymond Reach);
- Assist other machine operators, material handlers and workers with various duties involving physical handling of product, materials and equipment when required, or as directed;
- Demonstrate strong safety awareness by wearing personal protective equipment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner and continually maintaining a clean and safe work area;
- Fill in for other positions as needed and perform other duties as required and assigned
- Valid forklift and overhead crane license or minimum 6 months of forklift/overhead crane experience preferably with heavy material.
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge of essential machine maintenance.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer-focused working environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, small business environment.
- A motivated team player with a “can-do” attitude that is able to troubleshoot, focus and organize work area.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently, and effectively while maintaining high attention to detail and quality.
- Quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness to assist other plant personnel when required.
- Frequent bending, pushing and lifting of 50+ pounds
- Walking, standing for extended periods
- Hand-eye coordination
- Manual skill
- Physically demanding
- 1 shift (Mon to Fri) - 6:45am - 3:00pm
- 2 shift (Sun to Thurs)- 2:45pm - 10:45pm
- 3 shift (Sun to Thurs) - 10:30pm - 7:00am
Rolark is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
All employees and essential visitors are required to wear a mask, complete the COVID-19 self-assessment questionnaires daily; our common surfaces are sanitized regularly.
Rolark Stainless Steel is a leader in the stainless-steel distribution industry, delivering one-stop personalized service with uncompromising quality and value to clients across Canada. With three locations in Ontario, Alberta, and Quebec we maximize distribution channels to deliver fast quality stainless steel products to our clients.
Since 1984, Rolark has specialized in providing custom services such as Laser and Plasma cutting, shearing, bar edging, saw cutting, and SPV coating. With an extensive inventory of long and flat stainless-steel products, we are able to meet the needs of a diverse client base.