Master Electrician - Service
Established in 1988, Mainway has been providing clients with an unprecedented standard of excellence in conveyor design, material handling and systems integration. Located in Burlington, Ontario, our experienced team delivers leading-edge customizable solutions, embracing technology advancements to produce exceptional end results.
We are currently recruiting a qualified Master Electrician to join our team. Mainway Handling Systems offers;
- A modern workplace utilizing the latest technologies.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- An ongoing commitment to employee health and safety, along with training.
Our Service Electrician will be responsible for;
· trouble shooting electromechanical issues on site,
· performing jobs safely plus efficiently,
· keeping customers and equipment running.
Our Service Electrician will promote a positive company image through service quality, professionalism, and a strong sense of urgency. Typical decision-making or problem solving required for this position includes:
- Troubleshooting repairs logically and efficiently.
- Systematically resolving issues (for example, material requirements at the job site; customer concerns).
- Dealing with changing client requests and deciding on the best course of action to satisfy the client.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Demonstrating your commitment to safety in the workplace.
- Troubleshooting circuitry and replacing damaged components on industrial equipment and systems.
- Installing conduit and wire, terminating conductors.
- Installing fixtures and devices for industrial applications and systems.
- Ordering required parts and controlling all job materials using our computer system.
- Completing work orders as per client specifications and input; reviewing the completed job with the customer, to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Maintaining a clean work area at all times.
- Proactively preparing for upcoming work.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Requirements: A valid 309A electrical license.
- Five years of relevant conveyor and electrical experience, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Solid knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code (OEC).
- PLC troubleshooting and programming would be an asset.
- A valid G class driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- A desire for continuous improvement.
- Must be reliable and have available transportation to get to job sites.
- Must be willing to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Willing to travel (light travel).
- Some on call and weekend work.
- This is a service-oriented position.
- Installing power supply wiring and conduit such as: EMT, Rigid conduit, MC cable, strut, cable trays.
- Troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels, and circuits.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical systems such as: switch gears, motor controls, electrical panels, CT cabinets, and conveyor systems.
- Testing electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as volt / ohm meters to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Inspecting systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.