Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
· Certificate of qualifications or certificate in a related field or equivalent working experience (millwright preferred)
· Basic welding skill for millwright (Mig, Stick, Brazing)
· Ability to effectively interact and troubleshoot issues with machine controllers including Fanuc, Siemens, ABB, Omron, Allen Bradley
· Two (2) years of experience
· Fully skilled in one or more trades (CET or industrial electrician)
· Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting motion control systems including servo motors, A/C, D/C drives, as well as feedback system, including encoders, scales
· Ability to firmly adhere to all health and safety codes and regulations
· Ability to reference schematic drawings to identify system failures. Use reference manuals to help troubleshoot and repair these issues
· Able to use specialized measuring tools such as torque wrenches, multimeters, dynamometers, precision levels, laser alignment systems and vibration analysis equipment
· Ability to identify inadequate systems and offer suggestions that may improve the operation or output of that system
· Able to effectively communicate with and update supervisor in a timely manner
· Able to effectively communicate completed / incomplete tasks with co-workers
· Able to perform tasks independently under general direction
· Able to identify tasks that require additional resources to safely complete a task
· Ability to share knowledge and experiences with apprentices
· Able to recognize limitations and seek guidance in a timely manner when required
· Maintain continuous learning by reading manuals and bulletins to stay up-to-date with new developments. Attend training workshops on new equipment and safety procedures as required
· Establish and maintain maintenance standards and develop and recommend maintenance programs
· Install new equipment using outside services if required
· Maintain the equipment and facility through preventive/predictive maintenance program
· Consults the work orders and personal log book for jobs to be done
· Understand the amount of time that particular jobs require
· Perform troubleshooting skills and repair using the most expedient and thorough methods
· Proactively identify parts that may be critical to machine function and work with team to ensure the availability of these parts
· Keep equipment and facility in working condition for maximum uptime
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Autocom Mfg. 375 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K1B2
Camcor Mfg. 150 Arrow Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1T4
Camtac Mfg. 148 Arrow Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1T4
Cemtol Mfg. 41 Minto Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1A9
Comtech Mfg. 355 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
Corvex Mfg. 12 Independence Place, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H8
Eston Mfg. 277 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
Hastech Mfg. 301 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1B2
Linamar Gear 32 Independence Place, Guelph, ON, Canada, N1K 1H8
Linamar Innovation HUB 750 Woodlawn Road W, Guelph, ON N1K 1G4
Linamar Performance Center, 30 Minto Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H5
Linergy Mfg. 87 Campbell Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1B9
Linex Mfg. 355 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1B2
LPP Manufacturing Inc. 347 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
PowerCor Mfg. 545 Elmira Road North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1C2
Quadrad Mfg. 30 Malcolm Road, Guelph, ON, Canada, N1K 1A9
Roctel Mfg. 415 Elmira Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H3
Spinic Mfg. 285 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H3
The Frank Hasenfratz Centre of Excellence 700 Woodlawn Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1G4
Transgear Mfg. 400 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1C4
Traxle Mfg. 280 Speedvale Ave West, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1C4
Vehcom Manufacturing 74 Campbell Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1C1
Wage: $30.00 - $39.00
Wages will be reviewed annually in accordance with the company’s performance management program.
Hours: 40 hours per week + overtime
Overtime: Paid at time and one half after 40 hours
Shift Premium: 0.75c per hour for afternoon and night shifts
Stepping Stool Bonus: Eligible for 0-3% of base earnings, paid out 45 days after each
Quarter closes. Waiting period applies.
Benefits: Safety Shoes, Safety Eye Protection, Hearing Protection, Tooling Allowance, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Extended Health, Vision Care, Dental, Drug, Pension and Health Care Spending Accoutn. Waiting periods and restrictions apply.
Number of Positions: 30
Successful candidate may apply to Req#1460. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.