Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
· Completion of a minimum 3-year program in Electronics Technician/Technologist Certificate, Electrician Qualification or equivalent or equivalent working experience.
· Must be willing to work towards obtaining certification of qualification for 442A Electrician
· Minimum five years’ experience in CNC and robotic repair/ programming.
· Understanding of electrical / electronic schematic diagrams, blueprints, and pneumatic/hydraulic systems.
· Knowledge of advanced PLC programming including Allen-Bradley, ControlLogix/RSLogix, Siemens S7, Fanuc. Knowledge of robot systems (ABB, Motoman, Fanuc, Kuka).
· Basic knowledge of computer networking, Ethernet connections, TCP/IP protocol.
· Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
· Ability to refer to quality specification forms to verify that products comply with required standards.
· Ability to evaluate condition of new and damaged mechanical equipment and make recommendations for repair or replacement.
· Ability to work in teams that include engineers, machinists, and architects to provide technical support and services to engineers.
· Attend formal professional development seminars and conferences as needed.
· Must be able to work all shifts.
· Act as a plant resource for line improvements, line automation, realignment of product flow equipment and machinery in conjunction with Engineering and Maintenance.
· Work with program managers and project engineers at the APQP stage of a program start-up.
· Plan assigned work in an efficient method to minimize machine downtime while ensuring employee safety is maintained.
· Troubleshoot process automation problems.
· Perform regular housekeeping duties.
· Work within Quality standards, procedures, and requirements.
· Work with engineering following PPAP approval in resolving non-value-added processes.
· Assign work tasks where applicable to co-worker(s).
· Ensure work is performed in a manner that minimizes downtime.
· Have knowledge of CSA, OSHA, and Electrical Safety Code.
· Perform root cause analysis failure.
· Perform periodically PLC and program backup.
· Maintain updated and controlled PLC program data base.
· Maintain equipment documentation updates.
· Work with Engineers for all phases of design, maintenance, and inspection to meet the time requirements.
· Participate in meetings with supervisors, co-workers, and employees to plan upcoming activities and to update projects.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Autocom Mfg. 375 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K1B2
Camcor Mfg. 150 Arrow Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1T4
Camtac Mfg. 148 Arrow Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1T4
Cemtol Mfg. 41 Minto Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1A9
Comtech Mfg. 355 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
Corvex Mfg. 12 Independence Place, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H8
Eston Mfg. 277 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
Hastech Mfg. 301 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1B2
Linamar Gear 32 Independence Place, Guelph, ON, Canada, N1K 1H8
Linamar Innovation HUB 750 Woodlawn Road W, Guelph, ON N1K 1G4
Linamar Performance Center, 30 Minto Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H5
Linergy Mfg. 87 Campbell Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1B9
Linex Mfg. 355 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1B2
LPP Manufacturing Inc. 347 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
PowerCor Mfg. 545 Elmira Road North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1C2
Quadrad Mfg. 30 Malcolm Road, Guelph, ON, Canada, N1K 1A9
Roctel Mfg. 415 Elmira Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H3
Spinic Mfg. 285 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H3
The Frank Hasenfratz Centre of Excellence 700 Woodlawn Road W, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1G4
Transgear Mfg. 400 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1C4
Traxle Mfg. 280 Speedvale Ave West, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1C4
Vehcom Manufacturing 74 Campbell Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1C1
Wage: $29.94 - $39.00
Wages will be reviewed annually in accordance with the company’s performance management program.
Hours: 40 hours per week + overtime
Overtime: Paid at time and one half after 40 hours
Shift Premium: 0.75c per hour for afternoon and night shifts
Stepping Stool Bonus: Eligible for 0-3% of base earnings, paid out 45 days after each
Quarter closes. Waiting period applies.
Benefits: Safety Shoes, Safety Eye Protection, Hearing Protection, Tooling Allowance, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Extended Health, Vision Care, Dental, Drug, Pension and Health Spending Account. Waiting periods and restrictions apply.
Signing Bonus: $2,500.00 from August 19, 2021 to September 30, 2021.
Number of Positions: 25
Successful candidate may apply online at www.linamar.com/careers to Req#1955. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.