Skyjack supplies construction rental companies globally with quality engineered, simple, and reliable access and telehandler equipment. Initially started as a scissor lift manufacturer in 1985 and has grown to become a world leader in the general Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) industry.
As a dominant player in a consistently evolving industry, Skyjack employees thrive on absorbing new information and have a thirst for continuous improvement in their professional selves. In 2002 Skyjack became a part of the Linamar Corporation and has since been able to leverage strategic partnerships and use the guidance of their parent company to rapidly change the face of the access industry.
Every aspect of the company is deeply rooted in Skyjacks safety initiatives as this can be an extremely challenging industry. Skyjack prides itself on being simply reliable and easy to do business with. This mission extends to the relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees.
· High School diploma or equivalent is required.
· Post-secondary Welding training (CWB Certification) would be preferred. Obtaining certification will be a requirement when employed.
· Minimum of 1 year of welding experience in a manufacturing environment with manual or semi-automatic welding equipment.
· Minimum of 1 year of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) experience.
· All candidates will be required to pass a Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) test.
· Crane training / experience is preferred in the use of Overhead Cranes.
· Able to work straight shifts – Days, Afternoons or Nights.
· Create components free of weld faults, performing in process and final inspection of own work.
· Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using gas metal arc welding (GMAW).
· Position parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamp parts together along layout marks.
· Connect regulator valves and hoses to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders and welding torch.
· Use hand, air, power tools, welding equipment for production welding in horizontal and flat positions.
· Hold torch at proper angle to metal and guides along weld joint, applying filler rod to molten area to form weld.
· Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
· Perform basic troubleshooting of welding machine and welding accessories.
· Repair welds, fix broken or cracked metal components, fill holes and build up metal parts. Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter.
· Perform routine, maintenance (wire, nozzle, and tips) to ensure proper functioning equipment.
· Use identification stamp for welded parts.
· Assist other team members with technical issues and/or production concerns.
· Support the movement of materials for fabrication to paint areas.
· Participate in meetings, provide ideas for continuous improvement, 5S, and waste elimination.
· At times operate robotic welding equipment to produce fabricated metal parts.
· Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Skyjack Inc. Plant 1, 55 Campbell Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1B9
Skyjack Inc. Plant 2, 201 Woodlawn Road West, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1B8
Wage: $24.25 - $25.88
Wages will be reviewed annually in accordance with the company’s performance management program.
Hours: 40 hours per week + overtime
Overtime: Paid at time and one half after 40 hours
Shift Premium: per hour for afternoon and night shifts - $0.75
Stepping Stool Bonus: Eligible for 0-3% of base earnings, paid out 45 days after each
Quarter closes. Waiting period applies.
Benefits: Safety Shoes, Safety Eye Protection, Hearing Protection, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Extended Health, Vision Care, Dental, Drug, Pension and Health Spending Account. Waiting periods and restrictions apply.
Sign-on Bonus: $2,500 offered between August 19, 2021 and September 30, 2021.
Number of Positions: 45
Successful candidate may apply online at www.linamar.com/careers to Req#1956. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.