EXPERIENCE THE ICON
Come and be part of historic Joe Fortes! In keeping with the reputation of the man whose name we adopted, Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House has achieved legendary status in Vancouver.
Celebrating 35 years of history in 2020, Joe Fortes has consistently earned and maintained its status as an award-winning restaurant. With over three decades of excellence, you can learn from the most recognized and respected titans in the hospitality industry.
Leading the kitchen team is Culinary Director, Wayne Sych, who has over 30 years’ experience - spanning from The Cannery, Fish House, Fleetwood's in Maui, and The Grill On The Alley in Beverly Hills and Thousand Oaks, California. You will have the opportunity to work side by side and learn from a true culinary legend.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a passionate, energetic and skilled Executive Sous Chef or Sous Chef to join our team.
Responsibilities & Duties (includes, but is not limited to):
- Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all food and beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Solicits associate feedback and utilizes "open door" policy. Reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address team member problems or concerns.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2 years related experience in the culinary, food and beverage industry. Diploma in culinary arts, red seal, or related preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Must be a team player and willing to help associates.
- Must have the ability to plan and develop menus and recipes.
- Must have the ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline, as necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive industry salary
- Comprehensive healthcare package
- Paid vacation and monthly expenses
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within the company
- Dynamic, fun & professional culture
- Mentorship from top-level industry professionals
Only those applicants with authorization to work in Canada will be considered for career opportunities. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted