Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
· Technical school training and has completed the apprenticeship program
· Licensed electrician (309A or 442A), or must obtain certification of qualification within six months of employment.
· Minimum (2) two years of experience or equivalent
· Ability to take information from pre-maintenance work orders to determine the location and the kind of work to be done.
· Read schematic drawings in order to troubleshoot and repair equipment
· Ability to connect with and interact with machine control systems including Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens
· Ability to interact with production crews to co-ordinate repairs to their equipment and discuss work orders with supervisors
· Ability to take measurements using high voltage testing equipment
· Ability to work independently as well as work in a team setting that includes other trades people and professionals to install, repair and maintain electrical systems and equipment
· Ability to seek out information via databases to resolve issues with specific pieces of equipment
· Maintain training and certifications such as Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
· Learn about new equipment on the job by reading manuals and through hands-on experience
· Oversee required inspections of electrical systems to ensure compliance with Ontario Electrical Standards Act
· Able to work shifts
· Perform and document preventative maintenance as scheduled
· Maximize CNC and associated automation up time through logical diagnostic troubleshooting and repair
· Work with the management team on the predictive maintenance strategy
· Work with operators and setup to help enhance their skills where able
· Work with Automation technicians on integrating new systems
· Demonstrate basic mechanical troubleshooting knowledge and ability
· Coordinate with all plant services and contractors as required
· Responsible for mentoring/training apprentices
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Autocom Mfg. 375 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K1B2
Camcor Mfg. 150 Arrow Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1T4
Camtac Mfg. 148 Arrow Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1T4
Cemtol Mfg. 41 Minto Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1A9
Comtech Mfg. 355 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
Corvex Mfg. 12 Independence Place, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H8
Eston Mfg. 277 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
Hastech Mfg. 301 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1B2
Linamar Gear 32 Independence Place, Guelph, ON, Canada, N1K 1H8
Linamar Innovation HUB 750 Woodlawn Road W, Guelph, ON N1K 1G4
Linamar Performance Center, 30 Minto Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H5
Linergy Mfg. 87 Campbell Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1B9
Linex Mfg. 355 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1B2
LPP Manufacturing Inc. 347 Silvercreek Parkway North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1E6
PowerCor Mfg. 545 Elmira Road North, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1C2
Quadrad Mfg. 30 Malcolm Road, Guelph, ON, Canada, N1K 1A9
Roctel Mfg. 415 Elmira Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H3
Spinic Mfg. 285 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1H3
The Frank Hasenfratz Centre of Excellence 700 Woodlawn Road W, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1G4
Transgear Mfg. 400 Massey Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1K 1C4
Traxle Mfg. 280 Speedvale Ave West, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1C4
Vehcom Manufacturing 74 Campbell Road, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1C1
Wage: $34.00 - $41.00
Wages will be reviewed annually in accordance with the company’s performance management program.
Hours: 40 hours per week + overtime
Overtime: Paid at time and one half after 40 hours
Shift Premium: 0.75c per hour for afternoon and night shifts
Stepping Stool Bonus: Eligible for 0-3% of base earnings, paid out 45 days after each
Quarter closes. Waiting period applies.
Benefits: Safety Shoes, Safety Eye Protection, Hearing Protection, Tooling Allowance, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Extended Health, Vision Care, Dental, Drug, Pension and Health Spending Account. Waiting periods and restrictions apply.
Number of Positions: 30
Successful candidate may apply to Req#1459. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.