Goodfood is Canada’s leading online grocery company, delivering fresh meal solutions and grocery items, directly to members’ doorsteps, making it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week.
Goodfood’s mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling members to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in less than 1 minute. Goodfood members have access to a unique selection of products online as well as exclusive pricing made possible by its world class direct to consumer fulfilment eco-system that cuts out food waste and expensive retail overhead.
The Company has six manufacturing and fulfillment facilities, along with administrative offices, across Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
Goodfood is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Over the past twelve months, Goodfood has achieved excellent financial results, with record results on a number of key growth and profitability metrics. Goodfood’s active subscriber count, revenue, and profitability all more than doubled year-over-year.
The company also expanded its product offering of ready-to-cook meals, introduced breakfast and ready-to-eat meal solutions and recently launched its private label grocery products, allowing Goodfood to enhance the members’ experience via a more comprehensive product offering, therefore significantly broadening the Company’s addressable market. More recently, with a green and sustainable vision in mind, Goodfood launched several sustainable initiatives, including a new proprietary reusable box which will eliminate several million single-use packaging items. The company has laid down a solid foundation to play a leading role in accelerating the adoption of online grocery shopping in Canada.
Jonathan Ferrari and Neil Cuggy cofounded Goodfood in 2014 with the goal of changing the way Canadians cook in mind. Passionate about both food and technology from a young age, the founders took advantage of their finance backgrounds to challenge the current status quo existing in the food industry.
Born out of a goal to get more people to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home, today, Goodfood is a team of passionate individuals planning, preparing and delivering delicious meals weekly across Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Production Manager will be accountable for organizing, leading, and meeting business targets for the Production function in Goodfood Vancouver.
Team size: 50+ person team of employees and supervisors
- Lead, manage and mentor a 50+ person team of employees and supervisors
- Analyzes and proposes methods of sustained productivity increases and cost control with a focus on continuous improvement
- Responsible for target setting and continuously improving employee safety, food safety compliance, quality and efficiency
- Collaborate with various teams to solve shared problems and find innovative solutions to optimize productivity, employee engagement and the Goodfood member experience
- Execute and deliver the daily/weekly production plan
- Partner with Planning, Supply Chain, Logistics and Warehouse teams to develop production plans that focus on product freshness, on-time delivery, and Goodfood member happiness
- Drive clear and respectful communication to ensure alignment between teams, shifts, and external stakeholders
- Monitor and analyze costs and adjust operations as necessary for operational performance
- Ensure food safety, quality standards and health & safety standards are followed at all times
- Propel the personal and professional growth of all direct reports as the business continues to grow at an exponential rate
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of 5 years work experience of directly comparable operations and/or manufacturing experience
- University degree in relevant field
- 4 years plus experience managing teams of 50 or more people
- Strong understanding of occupational health & safety and food safety and its application in a warehouse and production environment
- Deep Lean manufacturing Six Sigma experience, training and certifications an asset
- Strong knowledge of Excel, data manipulation and analysis
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Exceptional time and project management capabilities
- Ability to take initiative in a dynamic and ever-changing work environment
- Ability to foster a culture of accountability and clear communication of expectations
- Entrepreneurial mindset, resourceful problem-solving attitude and comfortable in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills and adept at understanding logical concepts
- Strong combination of EQ and IQ
- Collaborative leadership style that enables effective working relationships across the organization
- Expert leader at delivery and execution in an agile and lean environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, listening and facilitation
- Thinker and planner – able to see potential issues and requirements ahead of time, plan and execute them
- Ability to balance short-term tactical decisions with long-term strategic thinking
- Ability to work autonomously, think outside the box and bring innovative ideas.
- Possessing the highest integrity and ethics, the successful candidate will have the ability to represent the company in a positive and professional manner
- A Foodie with a natural passion and curiosity for all thing’s food
What’s in it for you!
- Competitive group insurance plan;
- Personal No Questions Asked days;
- Annual fitness credit;
- Goodfood credit;
- Employee Stock option program;
- Group Retirement Savings Plan;
- Free groceries every week;