We are looking for an afternoon shift Production Supervisor experience in Food Manufacturing to join our team at our west end Toronto facility. This position reports to the Production Manager. The Production Supervisor provides direction and leadership ensuring a motivated production team uses optimal processes and practices to achieve required production results in a work culture that embraces food and worker safety.
About the company:
Wing’s Food specializes in providing a full range of quality food products to a variety of consumer and food service markets. The company provides a friendly and team-oriented work atmosphere as well as growth opportunities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Builds and leads an effective team ensuring performance expectations are clearly communicated, standard and safe practices are adhered to, and team members are recognized for contributions to success. This will include hiring and selection, onboarding new employees, coaching and providing performance feedback and career growth opportunities.
· Lead production planning including scheduling and assigning resources, establishing priorities, and reporting results and shift production summaries.
· Develop and implement processes for effective and efficient production tracking and maintaining work flow, analyzing operating practices, monitoring control points and equipment, data gathering, and developing reporting systems for continuous improvement.
· Establish trusted relationships and collaborate across the Company to establish and implement best practices including realizing cost reductions.
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and managing the use of all equipment, ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
· Ensures maximum operating time through equipment monitoring, managing maintenance and repairs as needed, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Provides functional direction and leadership to production departments through the implementation and management of effective and efficient Sanitation and Health & Safety Programs, in conformance with the Food Safety Programs, Food Safety procedures and Legislative requirements.
Skills and Capabilities
· Minimum 5 years experience working in a food manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrated success managing a team.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Previous operational reporting
· Working familiarity with production planning processes including work flow management and team member scheduling
· Mechanical aptitude: demonstrated experience and understanding of machine controls and instrumentation.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in a fast-paced setting.
· Demonstrated collaborative team player with co-workers
· Strong process management ability with demonstrated continuous improvement success.
· Computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, Outlook